Nannies4hire.com Helps with New Year’s Resolution to be a Better Parent
NORFOLK, Neb., Dec. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — We at Nannies4Hire (www.nannies4hire.com), an online nanny, babysitter and family database, understand we all have “those” days. You’re tired, frustrated, and harried. Your child is having a difficult day of her own, and she’s being a little difficult to handle as a result. In that weak moment, you blurt out hurtful words to your child. Immediately, your conscience goes to work. “Why did I say that? Why can’t I have more patience? This is not how a loving parent should act!” So, in the midst of your hectic Holiday schedule, you settle on your new year’s resolution: to be a better parent. Here are some things you can do to fulfill your resolution.
- Tell your child that you love her each and every day.
- Use your available resources to problem-solve. Do you need two hours to shop for your child’s Christmas gifts? Ask your babysitter to sit for your child while you shop; that way, your child won’t have a preview of her Christmas gifts.
- If your child is school-aged, you will need to find childcare during school breaks. Consider hiring a temporary nanny who can provide you full-time childcare during school breaks. Alternately, you can nanny share, 2 families sharing 1 nanny.
- Ask your child about her thoughts and feelings and listen intently (not distractedly) to her responses. “How was your day today?” “Do you like your new piano teacher?” These and other questions help your child know that she is important to you.
- Wingate states, “Consider the short- and long-term consequences of your words and actions before you speak and act. (This can be tough to do at times, but strive to live up to this standard.)”
- When you are feeling tired, frustrated, and harried, count to 10, listen to relaxing music, exercise, do yoga, find humor in your situation, go to a private space and utter a primal scream, or exhibit other behaviors that will allow you to decompress and not take out your negative experience on your child.
- Apologize when you behave inappropriately.
By following these tips, you can work to fulfill your new year’s resolution to be a better parent. No parent is perfect, but working toward that goal is a lofty and wonderful resolution.
Nannies4Hire.com has been affiliated with the nanny industry since 1987 and has grown into the largest and most successful company in the business. Candi Wingate, President of Nannies4Hire.com, a mother herself, knows first-hand how hard it can be to find the perfect nanny. We put a great deal of effort into making Nannies4Hire.com as easy to use as possible. Our database is designed to assist families in finding a quality nanny for their specific needs and requirements and offer nannies an enjoyable employment experience.