HYSTA Announces 2012 Leadership Team and Organization Changes
SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — HYSTA (Hua Yuan Science and Technology Association)announces the organization’s 2012 leadership team and along with news about the organization structure as it positions for future growth. HYSTA continues to be the premier Chinese professional association in the U.S.
- Office of the Presidents:
In keeping with HYSTA’s customary practice, Weijie Yun completed his presidential team at the end of 2011. Ken Xie
is the incoming president for 2012. Wei Zhou and David Chao are the incoming Vice Presidents for 2012.
- Board of Directors:
The following is a listing of HYSTA’s board of directors, in alphabetical order
- Carmen Chang, Partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati
- David Chao, Co-founder and General Partner at DCM
- Kevin Fong, Special Advisor at GSR Ventures
- George Hu, Chief Operating Officer at Salesforce.com
- Jack Jia, Founder and Chairman at Baynote and Partner at GSR Ventures
- HP Jin Ph.D., Co-founder and President/CEO at TeleNav
- David Ku Ph.D., Corporate Vice President of Advertising R&D at Microsoft
- Ken Xie,Founder and President/CEO at Fortinet
- Jack Xu, Corporate Vice President at Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Weijie Yun Ph.D., Founder and former Executive Chairman at Telegent Systems
- Henry Z Zhang Ph.D.,President at TCFA
- Lili Zheng, Co-Leader, Deloitte AP ICE Ltd and Managing Director US Tax Services
- Shoucheng Zhang Ph.D., Professor of Physics, Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering at Stanford University
- Wei Zhou Ph.D., President/CEO at Centrillion Biosciences, Inc.
HYSTA welcomes our new board members, Carmen Chang and David Chao. Imin Lee, Former Founder/CEO at AccelOps, Inc has
retired and we thank her for her past contributions.
- Full Time Executive Director
Leslie Yuen has been appointed to be HYSTA’s full-time Executive Director charged with growing HYSTA into the next stage of it’s
development. This new role represents an evolution of Leslie’s volunteer service with HYSTA over the past three years. In addition
to taking new leadership duties as Executive Director, he will continue in his roles with China Global Services Alliance (CGSA) and
the Sponsorship Program. Leslie’s goal is to foster passion, energy, and professionalism in all HYSTA’s programs and events.
New Organizational Structure
To improve efficiency and program execution, HYSTA will be organized into six main programs focusing on the needs of the six
constituencies HYSTA is serving. Board members will be involved in advising and providing leadership direction in each program.
- Leadership Program: Leadership Program was created in 2011 to serve HYSTA’s most valuable resources – its volunteers. This program focuses on leadership development and talent retention by providing opportunities for volunteers to grow personally & professionally, recognizing volunteers for their commitment & performance, and creating a sense of community among volunteers. Jessie Wang, Project Manager at Cisco Systems, Inc. will continue to lead the program as the Sr. Director.
- Entrepreneur Development Program (EDP): The Entrepreneur Development Program is a core program at HYSTA to promote entrepreneurship among overseas Chinese in Silicon Valley and China. The EDP offers three channels for members to learn entrepreneurial skills. The Entrepreneur Story Series offers the general public an excellent opportunity to learn from the real-life experiences of successful entrepreneurs. The private Founder’s Club provides a valuable network for committed entrepreneurs to learn from mentors and peers. Special Interest Group focuses on specific industries so entrepreneurs can exchange ideas, locate partners/ VC and jump-start their businesses. Tiemin Zhao will lead the program as the Sr. Director.
- China Partner Program (CPP): As a HYSTA key initiative, China Partnership Program (CPP) was formed to promote the cross-border collaborations between U.S. and China. We host frequent receptions and recruiting events for delegations from China, lead business trips to China and help entrepreneurs in landing, and connect companies with investors. This program is headquartered in Silicon Valley, with branch offices in Shanghai and Beijing. Cynthia Liu, Senior Product Marketing Manager, F5 Network will continue to lead the program as the Sr. Director.
- Sponsorship and Operations Program: This program is critical to support all the programs at HYSTA. It communicates our value propositions and to maintains sustainable partnerships with our sponsor communities. Operations provide the infrastructure, marketing and logistics to ensure all other programs are supported efficiently. Leslie Yuen and Wendy Liang, Director, Program Management and Globalization at Oracle will lead the program as the Sr. Directors.
- Executive Program (EP): HYSTA’s acclaimed Executive Program (EP) is the go-to Silicon Valley hub connecting Chinese Business leaders across the Pacific – from Silicon Valley to Zhong Guan Cun and beyond. Typical EP members include serial entrepreneurs and senior executives of publicly traded companies. Membership is via invitation only. The EP hosts quarterly events and informal gatherings to promote friendship and business relationship among members. The highlight event was the HYSTA CEO summit at Pebble Beach Resort in 2011. Sally Shi, Executive Director-Investment at Oppenheimer & Co, Inc. will continue to lead as the Sr. Director.
- China Global Service Alliance (CGSA): the CGSA program was created to serve the information technology outsourcing industry in China and became part of the HYSTA 24 months ago. Two of its founding companies, hiSoft and iSoftStone, have gone public in the U.S. since CGSA was formed. Leslie Yuen has been driving the program effectively since 2010 and will continue to serve as its Executive Director this year.
New Washington D.C. Chapter
With increasing demand and US-China cross border activities in the Washington D.C. area, HYSTA has decided to expand its
presence in the East Coast by establishing a new D.C. Chapter. The new D.C. chapter will enable HYSTA access to the major
technology hub in the greater D.C. area, which potentially serves about 1,000 companies from all sectors of the technology industry,
as well as service providers, universities, foreign embassies, non-profit organizations and governmental agencies. It will also connect
East Coast talents with more opportunities in China. Alex Wang,Sr. Director will head up the Washington D.C. Chapter.
ABOUT HYSTA (Hua Yuan Science and Technology Association, www.hysta.org) is a leading Chinese professional association in the US. Founded in 1999 by a group of successful Chinese entrepreneurs, HYSTA aims at nurturing entrepreneurship and career development among Chinese technology and business professionals and facilitates networking and the exchange of business ideas between the U.S. and China.
Contact: Candy Fang, 650.704.9917; Leslie Yuen, 415.513.2506 firstname.lastname@example.org