Panasonic Adds a Smart and Stylish Compact Digital Camera to Its LUMIX S-series, Complete With HD Video
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Panasonic today announces a new stylish, compact digital camera, the 14.1-megapixel LUMIX DMC-S2, with advanced features, including a 28mm wide-angle LUMIX DC VARIO lens with 4x optical zoom, Sonic Speed Auto-Focus, and MEGA O.I.S. to help reduce blurry photos due to shaking hands, 720p HD video capabilities, plus Panorama and Auto Retouch Mode. The LUMIX S2 merges essential functions and enhanced performance features into a simple and stylish design making it an appropriate camera for users with any level of photography skills.
Featuring the new Panorama Mode, the LUMIX S2 allows users to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image by taking a sequence of shots of one scene and overlaying the grouping of pictures to create one panoramic shot. The new Auto Retouch Mode adjusts contrast and brightness to give a different and unique look to any photo with the press of a button.
“With Panasonic’s LUMIX S2, we are bringing to market an affordable, intuitive, compact digital camera with smart features, designed for users who simply want to take great quality photos and videos,” said David Fisher, Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Marketing Company of North America. “Beyond the powerful 28mm wide-angle lens and HD video, the S2 also offers excellent landscape and large group shooting with the Panorama Mode and convenient retouching with Auto Retouch Mode.”
In addition, the DMC-S2 features dramatically speedier focusing, allowing users to quickly focus on moving subjects when shooting sports and other fast motion scenes. The Sonic Speed AF system includes numerous re-engineering enhancements, including a higher-speed actuator, optimized algorithms and parallel software processing. The result is fast and accurate AF performance.
With Panasonic’s popular iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the LUMIX S2 allows users to easily activate a suite of technologies that engage automatically – with no setting changes needed, for beautiful, natural shots. In addition to MEGA O.I.S., iA also includes Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Face Detection. For video shooting, the LUMIX S2 features dynamic 1280 x 720p HD video recording capabilities.
The LUMIX S2 features a 2.7-inch Intelligent LCD and 28mm wide-angle LUMIX DC VARIO lens with 4x optical zoom and Intelligent Zoom for extended magnification to 8x, with the newly-integrated Intelligent Resolution technology. The high-speed, high-performance Venus Engine is incorporated to enable beautiful image recording with higher quality signal processing, while the Sonic Speed AF makes it easier to capture spur-of-the-moment photos.
Pricing and 2012 availability will be announced approximately 30 days prior to shipping. The Panasonic LUMIX S2 will be available in a variety of colors, including black, pink and violet. For more information, and live coverage on January 10-11 from Panasonic at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, please visit www.panasonic.com/CES. Plus follow Panasonic’s CES activities on Twitter @PanasonicEvents and join the conversations.
* YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
* Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
* This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
* SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
* If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site – http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/information/SDXC.html
* Some accessories are not available in some countries.
* The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company’s portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth’s natural resources and protect our environment through the company’s Eco Ideas programs. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.