Organization at Your Fingertips: DYMO® Introduces Its First Stand-Alone Touch Screen Label Maker
ATLANTA, Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Smartphones, eReaders and tablets are doing it and now label makers are joining the technology ranks among our favorite daily gadgets. DYMO today introduces its first stand-alone label maker with full-color touch screen functionality. Building on its legacy of innovation, DYMO has touched up label maker functionality with an easy to use screen–and its highest print speed yet.
Getting In Touch with LabelManager® 500TS
Get in touch with your organized side by using the new DYMO LabelManager(®) 500TS label maker to create text for a label using its computer-style keyboard, and then easily edit and format labels by simply tapping on the large touch screen. It prints labels twice as fast as its DYMO predecessors, making it ideal for tackling big projects quickly and easily.
“With revolutionary touch screen functionality and speedy printing, our DYMO LabelManager 500TS is breaking new ground in the stand-alone label maker marketplace,” said Julie Hibbard, senior manager of brand marketing for DYMO. “By combining existing DYMO features with touch screen technology, it gives customers an easy-to-use and efficient solution for creating high volumes of labels.”
Add a Quick and Easy Touch of Organization to Your Life
Like many DYMO label makers, the LabelManager 500TS prints labels when connected to a PC* or Mac(®)*, but can also be used independent of a computer. It uses DYMO Label(TM) Software to customize and format labels for immediate printing, or to download them for editing and printing on the go.
Other features include:
- 300 dpi resolution for crystal-clear graphics, barcodes and logos
- Automatic label cutter
- Customization tools, including a wide selection of fonts, font sizes, text styles and boxes, and hundreds of built-in symbols and clip art
- Prints a wide variety of DYMO D1 labels in 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″ and 1″ widths – for any office application, from file folders to binders
- Computer-style keyboard, for speedier text entry
- Rechargeable battery pack, eliminating the expense and inconvenience of disposable batteries
- Connect to your PC or Mac®* and use DYMO Label software to customize your labels with fonts or graphics – even download your labels for editing and printing on the go
The LabelManager 500TS will be available in catalogs and online during the first quarter of 2012 for USD $199.99. For more information about this and other DYMO products, please visit www.dymo.com
*Compatible with Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7 or Mac OS® v10.4 or later
DYMO is the master brand for the Newell Rubbermaid Labeling Technology & Integrated Solutions portfolio. In a world that demands greater productivity and measures it at every opportunity, DYMO provides businesses, educational institutions and consumers with innovative and easy ways to share, manage and organize information with improved efficiency and satisfaction.
Our DYMO brands are organized into four solutions:
- DYMO® / Labeling Identification Solutions include DYMO hand-held label makers, PC connected label and postage printers, plus Industrial labeling tools (www.dymo.com).
- DYMO(TM) / CardScan® Contact Management Solutions include CardScan business card scanners and contact management software (www.cardscan.com).
- DYMO(TM) / Endicia® Postage Technologies include Endicia online shipping and mailing services (www.endicia.com), as well as customized postage (www.pictureitpostage.com).
- DYMO(TM) / Mimio® ITT (Interactive Teaching Technologies) include Mimio interactive whiteboard technology, digital ink recorders, document cameras, student response systems and engaging lesson plan content (www.mimio.dymo.com).
These brands complement Newell Rubbermaid’s strong portfolio of leading global brands, which also includes Rubbermaid®, Sharpie®, Graco®, Calphalon®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Levolor®, Paper Mate®, Waterman®, Parker®, Goody®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products® and Aprica®.
Lauren Knox, Ketchum, 404-879-9157