Fujitsu Unveils Next Generation, High Performance Workgroup Scanners
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today introduced the next generation of its high performance workgroup scanning solutions, including the Fujitsu fi-6130Z, fi-6140Z, fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z. The new scanners continue to elevate the unmatched performance and innovative document imaging features of their best-in-class predecessors – the top-selling Fujitsu fi-6130, fi-6140, fi-6230 and fi-6240.
The new Fujitsu fi-6140Z and fi-6240Z (flatbed model) scanners deliver top-rated scanning speeds of 60 ppm / 120 ipm at 200 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome), and the Fujitsu fi-6130Z and fi-6230Z (flatbed model) provide 40 ppm / 80 ipm at 200 dpi. Moreover, Fujitsu has equipped the new high performance, distributed and front-office document scanners with intelligent features and functionality allowing customers to boost automation, productivity and efficiency including:
- Scanner Central Admin: The new centralized administration functionality dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating and maintaining multiple Fujitsu scanners in an organization. This new feature allows users to monitor scanner running status, update scanner drivers, check consumable status, and more, all over a network, from one location.
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF): iMFF provides instant detection of a multi-feed or multilayer document, such as taped-on receipts or sticky notes added to a document. This technology allows users to remain productive under demanding scanning conditions while also preserving the benefits of the scanner’s ultrasonic double-feed detection to secure against lost images.
- Enhanced Paper Protection: A new advanced encoder inside the document feeder analyzes each passing sheet and stops scanner operation when an irregularity is detected during a page feed, helping to avoid document damage and increase pre and post scan operational efficiency.
“The latest high performance workgroup scanners added to our line of document imaging solutions look to continue the company’s product evolution and innovation in the workgroup segment,” said Scott Francis, vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “Fujitsu has always focused on delivering the best solutions that address the changing needs of our customers. The new fi-series workgroup product line looks to continue the success of their predecessors which have sold over 1.5 million units worldwide.”
“Fujitsu is the document imaging market leader in terms of unit shipments and revenues and has maintained this distinction for a long time due to its ability to continually introduce scanning solutions equipped with the latest features and functionality,” said Anne Valaitis, Associate Director at InfoTrends. “Distributed scanning continues to be a sweet spot for the document imaging industry and the new line of scanners from Fujitsu is a welcome addition for organizations that are moving to a more distributed, decentralized business process.”
New Ways to Scan, Upgraded Software Bundles
The Fujitsu fi-6130Z, fi-6140Z, fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z scanners integrate the latest innovative scanning features and applications and conveniently include everything in the box to get organizations up and scanning quickly and easily. Additional key features of the new high performance workgroup scanners include:
- Kofax® VRS® 5.0 Professional: The new version of Kofax VRS Professional reduces the time involved in manual document preparation and enhances the quality of scanned images, dramatically improving both manual scanning productivity and the efficiency of document capture processes. Kofax VRS Professional greatly improves the accuracy of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) document data extraction and provide customers with enhanced scanning functionality including automatic color detection, image orientation, paper deskew, paper size detection and blank page detection/removal.
- Enhanced Version of ScandALL PRO Batch Scanning and PDF Edit Software: The automatic job separation function of ScandALL PRO V2.0 uses divider sheets with printed barcodes and patch codes to sort image data from multiple page feeds into user-defined units. This function has been enhanced to recognize a wider range of 1D barcodes (linear barcodes), allowing for a broader range of sorting possibilities for output image files. ScandALL PRO V2.0 Premium, bundled exclusively with fi-6140Z and fi-6240Z, features job separation using 2D barcodes (matrix codes) and is available as an option to fi-6130Z and fi-6230Z users.
- Advanced Hard Card and Non-Traditional Document Support: The new models allow for the use of a carrier sheet for digitizing a variety of document types such as large paper sizes (up to A3), ultra thin or small documents, magazine pages and photos. The scanners are also equipped with enhanced embossed card scanning capability, such as plastic ID cards and insurance cards (up to 1.4mm thick), and allow feeding of up to three hard cards in either landscape or portrait orientation through its 50-page automatic document feeder (ADF).
- Post Imprinter: The new models offer a post imprinter option for users with demanding document management and verification needs. The imprinter unit prints identification markers like dates, alphanumeric codes and symbols on the reverse side of the original document. This makes it easier to locate the original scanned document when needed for reference.
- “ScanSnap Mode” Function: The new “ScanSnap Mode” gives users that prefer the “one-button,” driverless experience of the award-winning line of ScanSnap scanners an alternative ad-hoc approach to being productive through scanning.
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu fi-6130Z and fi-6140Z are available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. The fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z will become available in February 2012. Fujitsu has priced the high performance workgroup scanners as follows:
- The Fujitsu fi-6130Z: $1,195.00 (U.S. List)
- The Fujitsu fi-6140Z: $1,995.00 (U.S. List)
- The Fujitsu fi-6230Z: $1,995.00 (U.S. List)
- The Fujitsu fi-6240Z: $2,495.00 (U.S. List)
Service Options for the Fujitsu fi-6130Z, fi-6140Z, fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z Scanners
The Fujitsu fi-6130Z, fi-6140Z, fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z scanners come with a standard one-year Advance Exchange(TM) limited warranty. The Advance Exchange service offering assures customers that their businesses will experience minimal disruption in the unlikely event of a hardware failure and provides advance replacement on failed Fujitsu scanners.
Fujitsu offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the document imaging industry which are now available for these document scanners. From Advance Exchange Plus, the next-business day advance replacement service for scanners beyond the standard limited warranty period to ScanAid(TM), the easy-to-install consumable kit, the Fujitsu services suite has a program to meet nearly any budget. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit: http://www.ImagingService.com.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of information and communication technology (ICT)-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in over 100 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2012 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
MEDIA CONTACTS: Jordyn Russell Doug Madey Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. Voce Communications, Inc. 408/746-7244 415/975-2218 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
SOURCE Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.