Oclaro to Showcase Industry-Leading High Power Laser Diodes at Photonics West
SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Oclaro, Inc.( )(NASDAQ: OCLR), a tier-one provider and innovator of optical communications and laser solutions, today announced that it will be showcasing its latest innovations in high-power laser diodes at the Photonics West show on January 24-26 in San Francisco, CA (Oclaro booth #1101). As the volume shipment leader in high power laser diodes and VCSELs, Oclaro offers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of flexible, customizable and cost-effective solutions for a wide range of markets such as medical, consumer, materials processing and industrial. This product leadership combined with Oclaro’s economies of scale and expertise has enabled the company to continually deliver competitive cost savings, reliability, operational efficiencies and manufacturing excellence.
“Oclaro’s proven ability to raise the bar on brightness and wavelength performance in our laser diode solutions is a critical component in helping our customers succeed in the market,” said Yves LeMaitre, Chief Commercial Officer at Oclaro, Inc. “This continued innovation alongside our global strengths in sales, R&D and manufacturing is what sets Oclaro apart from the competition and enables us to form powerful partnerships with our customers who need a full-service supplier with a comprehensive portfolio of product offerings.”
Oclaro Innovations on Display at Photonics West
Following are a few of the innovations that Oclaro will be showcasing at the show:
- Several key technology advancements that have enabled Oclaro to deliver the broadest range of high-power, high-brightness diodes for direct diode laser systems ranging from 910nm to 1070nm.
- Sampling of a higher performing VCSEL (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser) and plans to continue raising the bar on performance.
- Oclaro innovations in laser diode solutions for the aesthetics and medical markets where lasers are increasingly being adopted to deliver innovative and new pain-free capabilities. Many of these applications are becoming possible because Oclaro lasers have reached the price/performance targets that enable their use in these high-volume areas.
- Increased investment in Oclaro’s world-class manufacturing operations to ramp volume production of multiple single emitter fiber laser pump platforms to meet customer demands for high brightness, reliability, power conversion efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Expanded Oclaro Orion(TM) and Prosario(TM) fiber coupled laser portfolios that deliver the highest power, reliability, brightness, power conversion efficiency, compact footprint and leading price/performance.
Leading Experts to Present on Industry Panels
Oclaro experts will be presenting on the following panels during the Photonics West Show.
1. Title of Panel: “Next-generation ROADM technologies and architecture”
- Conference program track: Optical Communications: Devices to Systems
- Date/Time: Thursday, Jan. 26 at 10:30-10:55am
- Speaker: Manish Sharma, Senior Principal Engineer, Optical Architecture, for Oclaro.
2. Title of Panel: Laser diodes with distributed feedback for application as sub-nanosecond fiber laser seeder”
- Conference program track: Semiconductor Lasers and LEDs
- Date and time: Jan. 26 at 11:40am – 12:00pm
- Presenter: Julien Boucart, Manager, Advanced Device Group for Oclaro.
Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR) is a tier-one provider and innovator of optical communications and laser components, modules and subsystems for a broad range of diverse markets, including telecommunications, industrial, scientific, consumer electronics and medical. Oclaro is a global leader, dedicated to photonics innovation with cutting-edge research and development (R&D) and chip fabrication facilities in the U.S., U.K., Switzerland, Israel, Korea and Italy, and in-house and contract manufacturing sites in China and Thailand with design, sales and service organizations in each of the major regions around the world. www.oclaro.com.
Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. Oclaro, the Oclaro logo, and certain other Oclaro trademarks and logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Oclaro, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information in this release is subject to change without notice.
SOURCE Oclaro, Inc.