Smile Releases PDFpen for iPad, Making PDFpen the First Complete Solution For Full-featured PDF Editing on iPad and Mac
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Smile, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, has released PDFpen for iPad, a mobile version of its popular Mac PDF editor.
With PDFpen for iPad, users can add text, images, and signatures to PDFs, make corrections, resize and delete images, and fill out forms. PDFs can be annotated with comments, highlighting and drawing tools. The sleek and responsive iOS interface makes it easy to skim within a document via the thumbnail view sidebar. Documents can also be copied, combined, and renamed.
PDFpen for iPad allows users to store documents in iCloud, making it possible to seamlessly edit and store a PDF in conjunction with PDFpen for Mac OS X. It also can retrieve and save PDFs directly with Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs. Files can be shared with a computer via Wi-Fi, and transferred using iTunes, FTP, WebDAV, and iDisk.
“Business use of iPads is surging,” said Smile founder Philip Goward. “With PDFpen for iPad and iCloud, users can be as productive on the road as they are at the office.”
PDFpen for iPad retails for an introductory price of $9.99 on the App Store. It requires an iPad running iOS 5.
PDFpen for iPad features:
- Read and edit PDF documents on your iPad
- Store documents in iCloud for sharing between devices
- Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from iPad Photo Library
- Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text for reuse
- Fill out PDF forms
- Add notes, comments, and freehand scribbles
- Draw lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses and polygons
- Mark up documents with highlighting, underscoring and strikethrough; proofreading symbol collection included
- Copy, combine, rename and delete files
- Thumbnail view sidebar for easy skimming
- Email PDF files
- Retrieve and save PDFs directly with Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs; share PDFs with a computer via Wi-Fi; transfer files using iTunes, FTP, WebDAV, and iDisk.
- an iPad running iOS 5 is required for PDFpen for iPad
$9.99 (special introductory price)
Available on the iTunes App Store
For more information about PDFpen for iPad, please visit:
Smile makes productivity software for Mac OS X and iOS devices, including PDFpen, the Mac PDF editor that won an Editors’ Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; PDFpen for iPad, the mobile PDF editor; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool that also won a Macworld Eddy award; TextExpander touch for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program.
Demos of all Smile products for Mac OS X are available for free download at http://www.smilesoftware.com/.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133
PDFpen, PDFpenPro, and TextExpander are registered trademarks of SmileOnMyMac, LLC dba Smile. The Smile Logo and DiscLabel are trademarks of Smile.