Businesses Can Now Reduce the Complexity of Email Infrastructure with Email Archiving
As email is becoming more important, the infrastructure is getting more complicated. Organizations are constantly struggling with managing email, keeping up secure connections, and complying with regulatory standards. At last companies can finally reduce the complexity of email infrastructure with Mimecast Email Archive.
(PRWEB) February 13, 2012
With brand new features and functionality, Mimecast Email Archive now gives users instant access through a secure and standard interface. The Mimecast Email Archive service platform is highly resilient, massively scalable, tamper proof, auditable, and encrypted.
Administrators can now easily access Mimecast Email Archive with a single web-based administration portal. This email archiving service now provides a secure login for users, audit log of administrator access and activity, and manageable content viewing rights.
This email archiving system also finally provides end users with a personal bottomless email mailbox they are now able to access on the go with their smartphone as well as at their desks. Users have now been given the ability to access email archives from Microsoft Outlook and Mimecast Webmail, search in real-time, drag and drop between mailboxes and recover lost or deleted messages without needing IT as was the case in the past.
eDiscovery and regulatory compliance is now efficiently achieved with Mimecast Email Archive. This solution now also provides policy-based data retention of all inbound and outbound email for 10 years, in addition to case management, intelligent message tagging with smart tags, and real time organization-wide search capabilities.
Features of the system include:
- Securely connect Mimecast to Active Directory for user authentication
- Use Microsoft Exchange Server journaling to securely transfer all email to the Mimecast archive for access on the move or in-house
- Install Mimecast´s Outlook add-in via Group Policy to provide users with direct access to personal archives without IT intervention
- Mimecast´s application for Exchange can optionally be deployed in order to take advantage of the additional capability offered by Mimecast Mailbox Power Tools
- End users can search personal archives through Microsoft Outlook and Mimecast Webmail
- A single administration console provides access to all functionality, including eDiscovery searches, email retention policy setting, user management and litigation hold requests
- Granular, organization-wide search can be performed in near real-time
- Search results can be used to apply litigation hold requests
Visit the Mimecast website for more information on the new features and how email archiving can now help reduce the complexity of email infrastructure.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/2/prweb9182979.htm