IceWEB Releases ‘IceSTORM 3.0′ Operating System for Fast and Easy Management of Unified Storage Appliances
STERLING, Va., Feb. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — IceWEB, Inc.(TM) (OTCBB: IWEB), www.IceWEB.com, a leading provider of Unified Data Storage appliances for cloud and virtual environments, announced the general availability of its IceSTORM(TM) operating system for its award-winning unified data storage appliances.
Now shipping standard on all IceWEB unified storage appliances at no additional cost, IceSTORM provides all of the enterprise-scale capabilities needed to provision, manage, and optimize IceWEB storage arrays as well as any other storage arrays on the same storage area network (SAN). In addition, IceSTORM provides all the data protection needed to ensure the high availability and disaster recovery organizations need, all much more affordable than traditional storage hardware and software vendors.
Enterprise-scale features of IceWEB’s IceSTORM Operating System include:
- Thin Provisioning: Efficient allocation of dynamic disk with option to provision iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, or FC to a new environment
- Storage Pooling: Shared pool supporting multiple tiers of storage
- Active Directory & LDAP Authentication
- Clones: Deliver capacity savings of up to 90% with no performance impact, for testing and development
- In Line Data Compression: Ranges from 1.2 to 3.8x compression; skips dense blocks to minimize IO load
- Volume Level Inline Deduplication: Aggressive checksum/hash algorithm to obtain up to 90% deduplication levels (memory upgrade required)
- Snapshots: Instantaneous, zero impact, zero capacity allocation
- Snapshot Rollback: Instantaneous
- Replication: Asynchronous, Synchronous and Encrypted
- VM Integration: VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer
- Built-in support for single parity, double parity, and triple parity RAID protection
- Automatic error correction ensures data integrity
- Flexible replication services (local or remote, bi-directional, real-time or scheduled)
- Mirror HA
“With the release of version 3.0 of our IceSTORM operating system, we now provide a proven, tested and validated management interface to our unified storage devices, solidifying IceWEB’s position as a viable threat to slower, costly storage providers,” said John R. Signorello, Chairman and CEO at IceWEB. “As a far more nimble storage company, we’re far better equipped to adapt, improve and refine our software solution to keep in check with ever changing market demands.”
All IceWEB Unified Storage Platforms are available through the Company’s exclusive value-added distributor Promark Technology (800-634-0255). Promark markets IceWEB products throughout the United States through its nationwide network of 1,200 channel partners. For more information, please visit http://www.promarktech.com/iceweb_vendor_store.asp.
About IceWEB, Inc.
Headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., IceWEB manufactures award-winning, high performance unified data storage appliances with enterprise storage management capabilities at a fraction of the price of traditional providers. Through thin provisioning, target deduplication and inline compression, IceWEB’s unified storage arrays enable standardization, consolidation and optimized storage utilization for virtual and cloud environments, saving up to 90% of storage costs, while reducing space, power and cooling requirements and simplifying storage management. For more information please call 800-465-4637 or visit www.iceweb.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In some cases you can identify those so-called “forward looking statements” by words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “expects,” “plans,” “targets,” “believes,” “anticipates,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” or “continue” or the negative of those words and other comparable words. These forward looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, product tests, commercialization risks, availability of financing and results of financing efforts that could cause actual results to differ materially from historical results or those anticipated. Further information regarding these and other risks is described from time to time in the Company’s filings with the SEC, which are available on its website at: http://www.sec.gov. We assume no obligation to update or alter our forward-looking statements made in this release or in any periodic report filed by us under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, or any other document, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by applicable federal securities laws.
SOURCE IceWEB, Inc.