Narus and Teradata Establish Powerful Partnership to Change the Game Against Cyber Threats
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — RSA CONFERENCE — The cyber intelligence game is about to change at subsecond speed. Narus, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA) and the award-winning leader in real-time traffic intelligence and analytics, and Teradata, (NYSE: TDC) the analytic data solutions company, today announced an alliance to provide solutions that more effectively curtail the persistent challenge of cyber threats. By enlisting the power of Teradata, the pair is bringing together important new weapons from the universe of big data analytics – performance, data visibility and system scalability.
The new Narus-on-Teradata capability is tailored to the needs of organizations seeking high-performance, real-time cyber security solutions, which include:
- The most scalable, real-time traffic intelligence system that captures, analyzes and correlates IP traffic in real time, and offers wide visibility across heterogeneous networks and deep insight into multiple layers of network traffic.
- Patented analytics to detect patterns and anomalies that can predict and identify security issues, misuse of network resources, suspicious or criminal activity, and other events that can compromise the integrity of the network.
- The ability to respond quickly to known and previously unknown cyber threats with effective, informed action based on business and operational policies.
Narus is known globally for its NarusInsight traffic intelligence system that protects and manages the largest IP networks around the world. It has been deployed with commercial and government installations on five continents.
Teradata’s analytic data management solutions are recognized by leading analysts as the highest-performing for data warehousing in the global market. Teradata’s worldwide customer community includes many Fortune 500 companies and government organizations that require real-time insight — at the moment when critical decisions can have the biggest impact. Teradata has a long history of delivering subsecond complex query responses in the context of high data volumes, with more than 20 customers in the single system, multi-petabyte range.
To view the full press release with images, please follow this hyperlink to teradata.com: http://www.teradata.com/News-Releases/2012/Narus-and-Teradata-Establish-Powerful-Partnership-to-Change-the-Game-Against-Cyber-Threats/
This alliance gives mutual customers deeper, faster visibility to spot and mitigate increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks, which have the potential to cost billions of dollars and compromise national infrastructure and security.
“Narus’ leading real-time traffic intelligence system, coupled with Teradata’s blazing speed and with query performance and scalability that exceed conventional databases, provide our joint customers real-time situational awareness against cyber threats, and minimize the impact of cyber attacks better than ever,” said Greg Oslan, chief executive officer, Narus.
“The Teradata Database is the industry’s most intelligent high-performance database for analytics. Period,” said Scott Gnau, president of Teradata Labs. “Not only are we recognized by industry analysts and customers for our superior capabilities and vision, but we continue to innovate with hybrid capabilities that meet the needs of cyber security analysts and operations centers worldwide. Combined with Narus’ analytics, together we can help the cyber world strengthen its defensive position against attacks. Our combined technologies take cyber security to the next level.”
Teradata’s newest database software, Teradata 14, introduced at the Teradata PARTNERS User Group conference in October 2011, will be generally available within days of this announcement.
For more information on this exciting new alliance, visit the RSA conference, where Teradata and Narus will co-present a demo of the new Narus-on-Teradata solution at the Narus exhibition booth 2017.
Relevant News Links
- Learn more about how Teradata helps governments prevent cyber-attacks – podcast with Teradata Solution Architect on B-EYE Network
- Briefings & Reports from leading IT analysts – Teradata news release
- Get Started in Big Analytics: Teradata Tells How - video briefing from Teradata Labs President and co-founder of Aster
- Big Data: It’s Going Mainstream and It’s Your Next Opportunity – Merv Adrian
- The Rise of Multi-structured Data, Big Analytics and Why It Matters – Dan Graham
- More insight on Teradata Database software – the parallel everything design
- Teradata Columnar – a transformative advance in database technology that integrates columnar and row-based tables in the same database
- Teradata is the first to introduce database platforms that combine solid state drive (SSD) and hard disk drive (HDD) technology
Narus provides real-time network traffic intelligence and analytics software that analyzes IP traffic and flow data to map the digital DNA (or behavior) of the network in real time.
Through its patented analytics, Narus’ carrier-class software detects patterns and anomalies that predict and identify security issues, misuse of network resources, suspicious or criminal activity, and other events that compromise the integrity of IP networks. The NarusInsight System is designed to be a next-generation Network Analysis and Visibility (NAV) solution integrated into a customer’s operational environment, strengthening existing security and monitoring systems, while providing total traffic visibility across the network.
NarusInsight protects and manages the largest IP networks around the world, and has been deployed with commercial and government installations on five continents. Narus is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with regional offices around the world. To learn more about Narus and NarusInsight, please visit www.narus.com.
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s leading analytic data solutions company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata’s innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible and achieve competitive advantage. Visit teradata.com for details.
Get to know Teradata:
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Teradata Corporation