Unisys Launches New Services to Help Clients Accelerate Their Application Modernization Initiatives
BLUE BELL, Pa., Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced a new set of services to help organizations reduce the cost, complexity, risk and time involved in implementing a complex mission-critical application modernization initiative.
Complementing the company’s subscription-based Application Modernization Platform as a Service (AMPS) SOA Core offering, the new services – dubbed AMPS COE (Center of Excellence) – are designed to help clients maximize return on investment from their modernization initiatives and realize the full promise and benefits of a service-oriented architecture (SOA).
With today’s announcement, the Unisys AMPS SOA Core offering – launched in 2011 for the U.S. federal market – is now available to commercial and public sector organizations worldwide. Sold on a per-user basis, the Unisys AMPS SOA Core offering features a pre-built software platform that enables organizations to jumpstart their application modernization initiatives without the need for upfront software licensing, hardware and systems integration investments.
Based on real-world client experience, the AMPS COE services and AMPS SOA Core offering can help organizations realize measurable benefits from these complex modernization programs in as little as 12 to 18 months.
“The pace of business today demands that organizations respond in near real-time to changing customer and competitive requirements – and yet most businesses and agencies continue to be constrained by old, inflexible applications that can take years and cost a fortune to change,” said Andy Gordon, AMPS director, Unisys. “Our AMPS COE services and AMPS SOA Core solution provide clients a practical, cost-effective and field-tested approach for modernizing their mission-critical applications and reaping the benefits of a service-oriented enterprise.”
A Proven Approach to Application Modernization
The AMPS COE services and AMPS SOA Core solution are based on a proven methodology and set of best practices developed by Unisys in successful client modernization work within the U.S. Federal government.
AMPS COE is comprised of five services that are available as a package or a la carte to address specific customer needs. The five services available are:
- AMPS(SM) Assessment – These services involve assessing the client’s application environment and delivering a line-of-sight alignment from business planning and architecture to implementation of service-oriented enterprise.
- AMPS(SM) Strategy – Unisys SOA experts work with the client’s internal team to help craft a complete SOA enterprise-wide strategy.
- AMPS(SM) Governance – Unisys and the client define and implement the overall governance model and policies needed to achieve a successful modernization initiative.
- AMPS(SM) Operational Software Platform – Unisys works with the client team to develop an operational SOA software platform that serves as the foundation for all application development and modernization work.
- AMPS(SM) Full Life Cycle Operational Support – Unisys works with the client to create an ongoing operational model, institutionalize the governance model across the enterprise, and provide the support structure for information systems backup, integrity, contingency, incident response, maintenance, and awareness and training processes.
The Unisys AMPS SOA Core offering integrates services, IT infrastructure, and software from leading providers such as SOA Software and Red Hat – all available via on premise or a cloud-based subscription model with security and IT governance.
For more information on AMPS, please visit www.unisys.com/amps.
For further discussion by Unisys thought leaders on application modernization trends, please visit the Unisys “Disruptive IT Trends” website at http://blogs.unisys.com/disruptiveittrends.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Follow Unisys on Twitter.
RELEASE NO.: 0228/9092
Unisys is a registered trademark of Unisys Corporation. Any other brands and products referenced herein are acknowledged to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Unisys Corporation