petMD Celebrates If Pets Had Thumbs Day
MIAMI, March 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — March 3(rd) has been named “If Pets Had Thumbs Day.” In honor of this wonderfully wacky holiday, petMD.com has compiled a list of the top ten things your pet would probably do if they did indeed have opposable thumbs.
- Give You a Thumbs Up: If your pet had thumbs, it would have a new way of expressing gratitude or happiness — giving you a thumbs up!
- Thumb Wrestle: Itching for a thumb wrestling partner? If your pet had thumbs, we’re sure they’d be eager to play.
- Break Out the Can Opener: Cats in particular would probably help themselves to the can opener for unlimited servings of their favorite cat food.
- Hitchhike to the Park: No time to take your pet to the park? No worries! With thumbs, your pet can easily hitchhike its way there without you.
- Vacuum While You’re Out: Have an especially considerate pet? Maybe it will vacuum while you’re out! Only fair considering much of the mess is probably the result of shedding.
- Text Their Pals: If pets ever do have thumbs, you should make sure their text messaging plan is unlimited.
- Hog the Remote: You probably never realized that the only reason your pet likes to watch the same shows as you is because it can’t change the channels without thumbs. If your pet gets thumbs, there will be a power struggle for control of the remote, for sure.
- Surf the Internet: Want to spend some quality time with your pet? Too bad! Now that it has thumbs, nights will be spent surfing the Internet.
- Lock the Door Behind You: How helpful would it be if your pet had thumbs and could lock the door behind you? Well, helpful until you get into a fight and it locks you out!
- Open the Refrigerator: And here is the big one — when polled, 79% of petMD readers answered that their pet would open the refrigerator if it had thumbs.
petMD is a leading online resource focused solely on the health and well-being of pets. The site maintains the world’s largest pet health library, written and approved by a network of trusted veterinarians. petMD was founded to inspire pet owners to provide an ever-increasing quality of life for their pets and to connect pet owners with pet experts and other animal lovers. petMD is a subsidiary of the Pet360 family of brands, which also includes PetFoodDirect.com – the most complete pet food and supply retailer online, and NationalPetPharmacy.com- a fully certified, full-service pet pharmacy delivering pet meds, vitamins and comprehensive pet health and wellness products.
Contact: Kelly Lange, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-234-4114