State-of-the-Art SPAM Fighter. ICAP Patent Brokerage Announces for Auction an Advanced E-Mail Filtering and Anti-Spam Techniques for a Safer, More Secure IT Environment
LOS ANGELES, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world’s largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction an advanced e-mail filtering and anti-spam techniques for a safer, more secure IT environment from Gytheion Networks LLC. The lot will be included in the 15th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on March 29, 2012, at Terranea Resort near Los Angeles, California.
E-mails are currently one of the most common forms of communication, widely used for both professional and personal correspondence as well as for various commercial activities including advertising and marketing. However, bulk emails to numerous recipients often result in spamming, thereby increasing the size of message inboxes, network storage space requirements, and IT infra-structure maintenance costs. Furthermore, unsolicited spam messages can expose users to data or identity theft, fraudulent leaks of bank/financial information, and other security problems. Conventional e-mail filtering is based on statistical models requiring regular human inputs and continuous training of filters to accurately categorize spam messages and other threats. Training these filters at regular intervals is both tedious and time-consuming.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses enhanced e-mail delivery techniques and a method for filtering unwanted e-mail messages.
- The proposed solution is a method and anti-spam system for preventing e-mail spamming and protecting a computer system/network from cyber attacks and malware.
- The anti-spam system comprises a network interface coupled to a computer system/network, a second network interface coupled to the external network or internet, a memory unit for storing a software instruction set corresponding to the email filtering technique, and a CPU for executing the said instruction set.
- The anti-spam system acts as an interface between the external networks and the home network and executes the stored computer instruction set to perform a series of checks on each instance of an e-mail message or webpage accessed by the user.
- The anti-spam system first analyzes e-mail content to identify its sender/source and then automatically compares the identified sender/source with a pre-defined list of blacklisted or white-listed senders.
- If the e-mail is identified to have come from blacklisted senders/sources, it is filtered or removed immediately; otherwise, the anti-spam system performs subsequent checks on the e-mail content for any malware and/or “phishing” attack.
- The anti-spam system also checks the recipient of the e-mail message against a pre-defined parental control list blocking access to all but the specified recipient.
- The pre-defined lists of blacklisted senders/sources and parental control are defined only once by the system administrator or user and hence does not require regular training of e-mail filtering software by the user.
- Furthermore, the disclosed system checks the entire source code of a webpage for any phishing or virus attacks, spyware, or malware, enabling a safe browsing experience to the user and enhancing the computer network security.
This IP is significant to multiple billion dollar markets. It should be of interest to e-mail service providers, IT servicers, and anti-virus/spam solution developers.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include:
Microsoft Corporation, Computer Associates Think Inc, FireEye Inc, White Sky Inc
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 561-309-0011 or Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world’s largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage