ProtectMyID ExtendCARE(TM) from Experian Data Breach Resolution gives extended life to the identity protection provided to consumers affected by data breaches
COSTA MESA, Calif., March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Experian Data Breach Resolution, the vendor of choice for many Fortune 500 companies, announced today at the IAPP Global Privacy Summit a new feature of ProtectMyID identity protection called ProtectMyID ExtendCARE(TM). Designed to provide comprehensive identity protection after a breach, the ExtendCARE feature gives victims of a data breach direct assistance from highly trained Experian Fraud Resolution Agents.
With the launch of ExtendCARE, people who experienced a data breach and received identity protection through ProtectMyID® Elite or ProtectMyID® Alert now will automatically receive ExtendCARE at no additional cost. This feature continues to provide identity protection for customers while also potentially mitigating the negative impact to a brand’s reputation.
“Based on our experience working with thousands of data breaches each year, identity thieves hold onto stolen data for several months, sometimes even years, after a breach before using the victim’s information,” said Michael Bruemmer, Vice President, Experian Data Breach Resolution. “ProtectMyID ExtendCARE offers data breach victims the identity theft resolution portion of ProtectMyID even after the full membership has expired.”
Just as any ProtectMyID® member, ExtendCARE customers will be provided with the same hands-on, personalized assistance from a highly trained Identity Theft Resolution Agent to ensure long-term identity theft protection and peace of mind. All agents receive a minimum of 10 weeks intensive training and are certified under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. In addition, all agents receive continual support and training from the nationally recognized nonprofit Identity Theft Resource Center. The role of an Experian Fraud Resolution Agent includes:
- Working directly with data breach victims from beginning to end to help resolve identity theft during and after their ProtectMyID memberships.
- Placing a temporary 90-day or extended seven-year fraud alert on consumers’ Experian credit reports, if requested, to help stop fraudulent new accounts from opening. The fraud alert will appear on their Equifax® and TransUnion® credit reports too.
- Assisting with the dispute process for inaccurate information or fraudulent activity on Experian credit reports.
- Helping to draft disputes for potentially fraudulent data on the consumer’s Equifax and/or TransUnion credit reports.
- Aiding in scheduling conference calls with financial providers, creditors and service providers to dispute fraudulent charges and accounts.
- Working with financial providers, creditors and medical insurers to cancel and replace lost, stolen or compromised cards for ProtectMyID Elite members.
- Interacting with law enforcement or government agencies to work toward a resolution and assist with filing a police report, if possible.
- Providing copies of all necessary letters to report credit fraud and identity theft to creditors, credit reporting agencies or others who may be involved in the process of reclaiming the member’s identity.
- Reviewing credit records to help members determine potential areas of fraud.
For more information, visit http://www.experian.com/ExtendCARE.
About Experian Data Breach Resolution
Experian® is a leader in the data breach resolution industry and one of the first companies to develop services that address this critical issue. Experian has a long-standing history of providing swift and effective data breach resolution for thousands of organizations, having serviced millions of affected consumers. Experian Data Breach Resolution services enable organizations to plan for and successfully respond to data breaches. Learn more at http://www.experian.com/databreach.
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 80 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended 31 March 2011 was US $4.2 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 41 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Experian Data Breach Resolution
1 949 202 7296
1 323 202 1075
SOURCE Experian Data Breach Resolution