Fujitsu To Resell Kofax VirtualReScan (VRS) Elite Image Enhancement Software In North America
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced a distribution agreement with Kofax plc (LSE: KFX), the leading provider of document driven business process automation solutions, to resell its Kofax® VirtualReScan® (VRS) Elite software to value added resellers (VARs) and system integrators as part of the award-winning Fujitsu fi-series scanner product line.
Recognized as the leader in image cleanup, Kofax has released VRS Elite, the latest version of its patented image enhancement and perfection software. The new version provides customers with enhanced scanning functionality that improves the solution’s overall performance, device health monitoring capabilities and the ability to support enterprise capture deployments.
With the ability to resell VRS Elite via trusted VARs and system integrators, Fujitsu will be able to expand access to the industry leading technology to a wider group of organizations and business professionals. In addition to its ability to reduce the time involved in manual document preparation while enhancing the quality of scanned images, the new features of Kofax VRS include:
- Centralized Licensing: Provides the ability to centrally manage the distribution, installation and activation of Kofax VRS Elite licenses, making it easier and less costly to support enterprise capture deployments involving larger numbers of scanners.
- Automatic Profiles: Kofax VRS Elite can automatically apply custom profiles based on document characteristics. Using advanced Kofax technology, Kofax VRS Elite understands each document and can dynamically apply Kofax VRS Elite profiles to the document for better results and faster scan operations. This accelerates scanning operations and provides more consistent image quality with minimal user intervention.
- Image Processing Upgrades: VRS Elite has added functionality to include content-based Deskew, Rectangular Hole Fill, Image Merging, Corner Fill, Intelligent Halftone and Manual Image Cropping.
- Enhanced User Interface: VRS Elite’s new User Interface significantly enhances the usability of VRS Elite. The new User Interface allows users to customize the UI with frequently used features.
- Device Health Monitoring: Allows for the monitoring of the operating condition of local or remote scanners, and proactively alerts users to the existence of potential issues that can affect image quality or scanner performance, helping to avert service problems before they generate delays or additional costs.
Pricing & Availability
The Kofax VRS Elite upgrade is available for the Fujitsu Workgroup and Production level scanning solutions beginning March 12, 2012 through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies and Tech Data.
- VRS Elite upgrade for Fujitsu fi-Series Desktop scanners (fi-6130, fi-6230, fi-6130Z, fi-6230Z) is available for $325.00 U.S. list price
- VRS Elite upgrade for Fujitsu fi-Series Workgroup scanners (fi-6140, fi-6240, fi-6140Z, fi-6240Z, fi-5530C2, fi-6670, fi-6770) is available for $725.00 U.S. list price
- VRS Elite upgrade for Fujitsu fi-Series Production scanners (fi-6670A, fi-6770A, fi-5950, fi-5900C, fi-6800) is available for $1,225.00 U.S. list price
For more information about Fujitsu scanners, call 800-626-4686 or visit, http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa
Kofax plc (LSE: KFX) is the leading provider of document driven business process automation solutions. For more than 20 years, Kofax has provided award winning solutions that streamline the flow of information throughout an organization by managing the capture, transformation and exchange of business critical information arising in paper, fax and electronic formats in a more accurate, timely and cost effective manner. These solutions provide a rapid return on investment to thousands of customers in financial services, government, business process outsourcing, healthcare, supply chain and other markets. Kofax delivers these solutions through its own sales and service organizations, and a global network of more than 700 authorized partners in more than 60 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.kofax.com.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of information and communication technology (ICT)-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in over 100 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2011 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
MEDIA CONTACTS: Jordyn Russell Doug Madey Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. Voce Communications, Inc. 408/746-7244 415/975-2218 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com