D-Link Expands Unified Wireless Portfolio for Small and Medium-Sized Business with New Wireless Switches, Access Points and Wireless Controller
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — D-Link, the cost-effective, standards-based unified networking solutions provider for small-and medium-sized business IT environments, today extended its unified wireless solutions to include the D-Link(®) DWC-1000 Wireless Controller, the DWL-6600AP Dual-Band Unified Wireless Access Point and DWL-3600AP 2.4 GHz Single-Band Unified Wireless Access Point, and the DWS-3160-24TC and DWS-3160-24PC Unified Wireless Managed Switches. Designed to help businesses easily deploy, manage and secure a complete wireless network across multiple locations, D-Link’s new portfolio of wireless solutions offer cost-effective remote management and seamless scalability for expanding wireless applications.
“As small-to-medium businesses continue to implement wireless network systems, centralized management becomes critical to saving precious time and money and ensuring overall ROI,” said Mark Prowten, vice president, Enterprise and Channel Sales, D-Link North America. “D-Link’s expanded unified wireless portfolio allows businesses to cost-effectively deploy and manage wireless infrastructures, offering a robust feature set typically offered in more expensive systems, and provides the flexibility to scale as business needs grow.”
D-Link(®) DWC-1000 Wireless Controller Features and Capabilities
The D-Link DWC-1000 Unified Wireless Controller is designed to centrally manage and control a wireless infrastructure while meeting the demands of a growing organization. Featuring one-time configuration and dispatch to manage wireless access points (APs), the DWC-1000 delivers scalable and resilient wireless control. It can configure and control up to 24 APs and cluster up to four controllers, enabling users to manage up to 96 APs. As new APs are added, the DWC-1000 can automatically detect and configure new channels, saving administrators the task of manually assigning a new RF channel for each AP. In addition, the DWC-1000 provides simple remote management capabilities, including changing of encryption keys and passwords, fast roaming between APs and delivering automatic channel adjustments without the need to reconfigure each AP. Other features include:
- Wireless Optimization: With regular radio scanning and performance analyzing, the DWC-1000 automatically adjusts radio channels and power to avoid interference and keep the wireless network in an optimized state
- Flexibility: Centralized management for six APs; upgradeable to 24, optional VPN, router and Firewall license adds remote access connectivity with secure site-to-site tunneling
- Security: Supports WEP, Dynamic WEP, WPA(TM)/WPA2(TM) Personal/Enterprise security; Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS) and Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS)
DWL-6600AP and DWL-3600AP Unified Wireless Access Points
Delivering speeds of up to 300Mbps and Wireless N technology, the DWL-6600AP and DWL-3600AP Unified Wireless Access Points offer enhanced signal quality, high data throughput and increased connectivity with less interference. For businesses requiring high-bandwidth services, such as video streaming and video conferencing, the Dual-Band Unified Wireless Access Point provides 5GHz frequency bands for superior performance without any interruption or lag time. Both Access Points feature a 2X2 MIMO embedded antennas and IEEE 802.3af Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE), offering outstanding performance and flexibility. Other features include:
- Versatility: Supports AP clustering for easy management and configuration; supports WDS in standalone mode (acts as Wireless Bridge to connect two networks)
- Seamless Integration: Allows easy integration with the D-Link DWC-1000 controller, DWS-3160 wireless switch and other D-Link network devices; backwards compatible with previous-generation wireless standards
- Easy Deployment: Features Gigabit Ethernet port with 802.3af PoE
- Security: 64-/128-bit WEP, WPA(TM)/WPA2(TM) Personal/Enterprise
Unified Wireless Managed Switches for Greater Flexibility and Value
The D-Link DWS-3160-24TC and DWS-3160-24PC Unified Wireless Managed Switches combine the functionality of a wireless controller with an L2+ managed switch, providing an ideal solution for businesses that are constantly growing or evolving. With the ability to manage up to 48 APs or up to 192 APs in a switch cluster, D-Link Unified Wireless Managed Switches help businesses simplify management and reduce maintenance.
D-Link Unified Wireless Managed Switches eliminate the need to manage APs individually with centralized WLAN management. The DWS-3160 series offers robust and centralized security to ensure maximum network reliability, including state-of-the-art WIDS to detect rogue APs and clients, Radio Frequency Scan to detect potential network security breaches, and 802.1X Network Access Control. Other important DWS-3160 series features include:
- Seamless Mobility: Fast roaming; L3 roaming support ensures continuous connectivity
- Advanced Switching & Routing: VLAN routing; RIP v1/v2 support; spanning tree; IGMP/MLD snooping; IPv6 ready; 802.3af PoE support
- Simplified Management: Up to four switches can form a cluster for single-IP management; WebGUI or command line interface; SNMP v1/2c/3; flow support; dual image
- Robust Wired/Wireless Security: Built-in captive portal; rogue access point detection and mitigation; 802.1X authentication; access control list
Pricing & Availability
D-Link’s new portfolio of unified wireless solutions will be available in April through D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers, solution providers and distributors. Availability and MSRP is as follows:
- DWC-1000 Wireless Controller DWC-1000 -$799.99
- DWL-6600AP Dual-Band Unified Wireless Access Point -$549.99
- DWL-3600AP 2.4 GHz Single-Band Unified Wireless Access Point -$349.99
- DWS-3160-24TC and DWS-3160-24PC Unified Wireless Managed Switches – $2,241.99 and $4,013.99 respectively
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2012.D-Link. All Rights Reserved.
 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, buildings materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.