New SilverCreek SNMP Test Suite, Spring 2012
InterWorking Labs provides dozens of new tests for validating SNMP agents. Network managers will appreciate resolution of max-repeater issues identified by NANOG.
Scotts Valley, California (PRWEB) April 05, 2012
InterWorking Labs, the developers of SilverCreek, the authoritative SNMP Test Suite that improves the quality and operation of apps and devices in mobile, cloud, and wide area networks, today announced the newest version of the popular application featuring:
- A new suite of tests to verify multi-lingual agent conformance to RFC 3584, which defines best current practice for the co-existence of SNMP agents supporting more than one version of the protocol.
- A new suite of tests to perform “positive” testing. Positive tests are those in which operations such as SETs are performed with valid values such that the operation returns a success response.
- New tests for agent handling of get-bulk with user-settable max-repetitions and non-repeaters under SNMPv2c and v3. Problems with improper implementations were identified during the recent NANOG meeting in San Diego (NANOG – North American Network Operators Group).
- New agent setup flexibility so that different combinations of attributes may be pre-defined for one agent.
- New negative tests for SNMP INFORMS (like TRAPs but with acknowledgments).
In addition, the newest SilverCreek includes improvements and error corrections to the Notification Monitor, agent-capabilities, MIB Table Inspector and other SNMP tools and tests.
The latest SilverCreek release is available now for all customers with annual maintenance agreements.
About InterWorking Labs
InterWorking Labs creates network emulation and protocol testing products to improve the quality and operation of apps and devices in mobile, cloud, and wide area networks. Developers, IT managers, and test engineers use our products to find and fix bugs. Our network simulators are used for pre-deployment testing, proof-of-concept demonstrations, and “what-if” scenarios. Our products include: SilverCreek, the SNMP Test Suite, the Maxwell Network Simulator and Protocol Tester, Mini Maxwell, the portable Network Emulator.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/4/prweb9302520.htm