New NICE DCV 2012.1 Release Improves Usability, Performance and Security
NICE DCV provides efficient remote access to graphic-intensive, professional 3D applications running on Linux and Windows desktop environments.
“This new release includes an exciting number of new features focusing on usability, performance and security. This version represents a very important step forward for our product, we are very proud of it” – said Beppe Ugolotti, CEO of NICE.
New features of NICE DCV 2012.1 include:
- A client-side console allows the user to improve the quality of experience by fine-tuning the image compression level according to network conditions and client device capabilities and to monitor the actual bandwidth usage and frame rate.
- A new server side component provides diagnostic information and allows the user to easily enable or disable DCV on the current desktop.
- A high performance lossless compression algorithm has been implemented for such applications requiring pixel-perfect remotization (for example in the medical sector). The same algorithm has been used to improve the quality boosting of static images.
- A mechanism limiting the number of frames sent on the network has been introduced which reduces bandwidth utilization on LAN and WAN environments (Linux only).
- Furthermore, while providing secure access to remote resources without transferring any sensitive data, the new version of DCV ensures confidentiality by encrypting the image stream using the standard AES algorithm (128 or 256-bit keys).
With this new release, NICE further extends its lead in the remote visualization market. Leveraging its unique technology, NICE DCV is the first product on the market to allow the sharing of physical GPUs between multiple VMs (running Microsoft Windows) while maintaining full OpenGL acceleration and workstation-class performance.
“DCV is the only remote visualization product supporting GPU sharing on both Linux and Microsoft Windows, allowing a better utilization of available hardware resources” – said Paolo Maggi, NICE R&D Manager.
When coupled with NICE EnginFrame, NICE DCV provides a first-in-class VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) solution specifically designed and optimized for technical computing users (CAE, CAD, Oil&Gas, Scientific Visualization, etc.).
Customers with current support and maintenance coverage are eligible for a free upgrade.
For further information and release notes please visit:
NICE delivers comprehensive Grid & Technical Computing Cloud Products and Solutions. NICE product portfolio boosts productivity of Private and Public Clouds by increasing usability and user-friendliness, without sacrificing flexibility and control. NICE global customers include leading companies in Automotive, Aerospace, Industry Manufacturing, Oil&Gas, Life Science, Universities and Scientific Research.
Media Contact: Paolo Maggi, NICE s.r.l., +39 0141 901516, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com