Doyenz Announces Spring ’12 rCloud Release, Launching Support for VMware vSphere Environments
SEATTLE, April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Doyenz today announced its Spring ’12 release, which includes the new rCloud Agent for VMware vSphere® and platform-wide enhancements. Purpose built for the SMB, the Doyenz rCloud Agent for vSphere enables customers to restore their environments in 15 minutes or less, providing access to applications and data in the event of on-premise failure. Through its sophisticated yet easy to use interface, the rCloud service protects virtual machines (VMs) from local server or on-site failures by replicating VM snapshots of each VM to rCloud, identifying each snapshot as a recovery point.
Key features of the new agent include:
- vCenter(TM) Server Support: Users can now configure rCloud to interface directly with vCenter to manage virtual machines, including support for vMotion®
- Automatic Agent Update: Companies can now take advantage of auto-update capabilities. Once the new vSphere agent is installed, any new Doyenz updates and capabilities are deployed automatically to the agent.
- rCloud Centralized Management: Companies can access and recover their protected vSphere environments through a centralized web portal that allows access from any device, anytime, from anywhere.
Platform enhancements include:
- Integration with ConnectWise(TM), a leader in Professional Services Automation (PSA), allowing IT service providers to automatically populate Doyenz rCloud usage information to ConnectWise.
- Co-existence with Veeam Backup & Replication, allowing IT administrators to backup locally and to rCloud.
Additional service enhancements include:
- New Port Mapping Tool: In a failover scenario, users can now directly manage the mapping of multiple machines in rCloud allowing them to work together as they would in their on-premise environment.
- Bandwidth Calculator: Using this tool, users can now determine the most appropriate method to initially upload their servers to rCloud
- Expedited Disk Processing: Through the web portal, users can expedite preparing and importing data to rCloud.
“With this new support, Doyenz is addressing the gap that exists in the SMB market by providing cloud recovery for vSphere environments in less than 15 minutes,” said Eric Webster, chief revenue officer at Doyenz. “Before this release, the options were limited and cost prohibitive for the SMB to implement a disaster recovery solution for their virtual environments.”
About Doyenz Inc.?
Doyenz provides an innovative cloud platform that meets the business continuity needs of small and medium-sized businesses. Doyenz rCloud provides backup and disaster recovery for VMware vSphere environments allowing IT professionals to restore virtual environments in under fifteen minutes, providing quick access to business critical applications. Doyenz is a privately held company based in Bellevue, Washington. For more information, please visit www.doyenz.com.
VMware, VMware vSphere, VMware vMotion and VMware vCenter are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Barokas PR for Doyenz