Pen Pal Kids Club Website Offering Free Classroom Subscriptions
CARMEL, Calif., April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Pen Pal Kids Club (PPKC), “the safe social network for kids around the world(TM),” is offering FREE CLASSROOM SUBSCRIPTIONS to qualified teachers across the globe. Details are available at: www.penpalkidsclub.com. Pen Pal Kids Club provides different levels of challenge for children aged four to 14, allowing kids to ‘Explore, Play and Share’ with global pen pals in a completely secure environment.
Developed for both school and at-home use, the site is ideal for curricular applications, as a reference resource, and as an engaging free time activity. Key safety and educational features include:
- Students exchange digital postcards with children around the world, communicating via a classroom avatar to ensure privacy. Teachers locate and approve the Pen Pals, plus guide questions and responses that help kids learn about their new friends’ cultures and daily lives.
- Postcards are automatically translated into seven different languages – English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian and German – so children across the globe can participate.
- Six interactive games based on culture, world history, and geography add to the learning fun. Designed for a range of ages and skills, they include:
- Trivial Travails! Compete IN REAL TIME against three other players, answering fast-paced questions about history, geography, and related subjects.
- Fare Fair! Help customers choose a meal that is native to their country while learning to recognize foreign words, foods and currencies.
- Through an exclusive partnership with Encyclopaedia Britannica for Kids, subscribers enjoy direct online access to this vast kid-filtered library of information. Great for homework help and classroom projects!
- PPKC’s secure online environment offers built-in adult controls, fully compliant with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), earning the TRUSTe seal of safety.
The website was co-founded by John and Shelley Aliotti, based on an original concept by Shelley Aliotti, author/illustrator of “My Pen Pal Scrapbook: An Educational Journey Through World Cultures.”
“Our goal is to instill a love of learning about different people and places in children, so we’re thrilled to be able to offer this wonderful free resource to classroom teachers,” said Ms. Aliotti.
In addition to the free classroom offer, family subscriptions are available for $2.99 U.S. on a monthly basis (first month free), or $29.99 yearly (two months free).
SOURCE Pen Pal Kids Club