SEEBURGER’s Cloud-Based SEE FX File Sharing Now Available Through Tech Data
ATLANTA, April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Global business integration software provider SEEBURGER today announced expanded channel distribution of SEEBURGER File Exchange (SEE FX), its award-winning solution for secure, traceable and compliant user-to-user enterprise file sharing, through Tech Data’s new StreamOne Solutions Store. Tech Data’s channel of over 60,000 U.S. resellers can now easily sell SEE FX to their customers in a cloud deployment model through the StreamOne portal, which simplifies the licensing, provisioning and billing of licensed, downloadable and cloud-based software for VARs.
With SEE FX, resellers can equip customers of any size with the ability to centrally manage, protect and trace ad hoc file transfers both inside and outside the corporate firewall, overcoming both the risks and the lack of control associated with conventional file sharing strategies such as FTP, Dropbox and YouSendIt. Key advantages of SEE FX over other enterprise file sharing solutions include:
- Support for files of any size, bypassing the limitations of email attachments as well as other managed file transfer solutions.
- User-friendly access by Web browser or Microsoft Outlook, eliminating the need to change users’ work habits. Once integration is set up, files transmitted through Outlook are automatically routed based on size and type without any need for user intervention.
- End-to-end security including encryption, authentication, and guaranteed file delivery with the ability to restart transfers from checkpoints and automatic notification of transmission failures.
- Centralized control, including a full audit trail of all file transfer activity as well as the ability to create file permissions, notify recipients, set data retention periods and the number of times a file can be downloaded, and establish other policies to thwart data leakage.
- Seamless integration with SAP, through a long-time partnership between SEEBURGER and SAP that encompasses all components of the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite including trading partner integration and other managed file transfer functionality as well as SEE FX.
- Lower total cost of ownership, including eliminating multiple FTP servers and associated administrative overhead.
- A choice of data centers (Amazon Web Services or HP cCell) for hosting SEE FX in the cloud.
“Every company today faces a challenge in controlling the transfer of business files, from document drafts, sales presentations, business videos and business contracts to engineering drawings and beyond. New controls are required to prevent data leakage, enforce policies on who is authorized to send what to whom, and document all file transfers for compliance and governance purposes,” said Rohit Khanna, EVP, Global Strategy and Corporate Development, at SEEBURGER. “With the availability of SEE FX through Tech Data’s StreamOne Solutions Store, resellers now have easy access to an enterprise-class solution that can be delivered in the cloud and sold in any vertical market – including those that must comply with regulations such as SOX, HIPAA and GLBA.”
The hosted SEE FX solution available through Tech Data features pay-as-you-go pricing with no upfront capital infrastructure costs or long-term commitments, the ability to scale up or down on demand, and multiple layers of operational and physical security including compliance with PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001 certification, and the publication of a Service Organization Controls 1 (SOC 1), Type 2 report. SEE FX can also be deployed as a private cloud, including provisioning of a private, isolated section of the AWS cloud where AWS resources can be launched in a user-defined virtual network, or as an on-premises solution.
Prices are tiered with options for 10-, 25-, 50- and 75-user licenses, with a free 30-day trial for up to 10 users available to resellers through May through the StreamOne portal. To learn more about SEE FX, visit http://www.seeburger.com/managed-file-transfer/file-exchange-see-fx.html or the StreamOne Solutions Store at http://www.techdata.com/streamone/.
SEEBURGER is a global provider of business integration and secure managed file transfer (MFT) solutions that streamline business processes, reduce operational costs, facilitate governance and compliance, and provide visibility to the farthest edges of the supply chain to maximize ERP effectiveness and drive new efficiencies. All solutions are delivered on a unified, 100% SEEBURGER-engineered platform that lowers the total cost of ownership and reduces implementation time. With more than 25 years in the industry, SEEBURGER today is ranked among the top business integration providers by industry analysts, serves thousands of customers in more than 50 countries and 15 industries, and has offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. For more information, visit www.seeburger.com or blog.seeburger.com/.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 125,000 resellers in more than 100 countries to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users. Tech Data generated $26.5 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2012, and is ranked 109th on the Fortune 500®. To learn more, visit www.techdata.com.