Cellcom and MasterCard Executives and Federal Communications Commission Chairman Round Out Day One Morning Keynote Session at International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012
WASHINGTON, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012 today announced the addition of leading industry speakers to its opening day keynote lineup on Tuesday, May 8. Executives from Cellcom and MasterCard and the Federal Communications Commission Chairman will deliver speeches designed to “Educate. Motivate. Inspire.” International CTIA WIRELESS 2012 takes place May 8-10, 2012 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
- On Tuesday, May 8 from 9:30-11:00 a.m. CDT:
- Cellcom CEO and 2012 CTIA Chairman, Patrick Riordan, will share CTIA’s new vision statement and his thoughts on what it means this year for our customers and members.
- FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski will address some of the most important issues impacting the industry, including the need for more spectrum and share his thoughts on the future of wireless.
- MasterCard President of Global Products and Solutions Gary Flood will speak to the company’s commitment to evolving a world beyond cash and demonstrate how mobile and online will challenge the way people think about and conduct commerce in the digital age.
- Pandora CEO Joe Kennedy will discuss the important role mobile plays in redefining radio for a connected world.
- From 4:30-6:00 p.m. CDT on May 8:
- AT&T Mobility President & CEO Ralph de la Vega, Sprint Nextel Corporation CEO Dan Hesse, T-Mobile USA CEO & President Philipp Humm and Verizon Wireless President & CEO Dan Mead will offer individual remarks. Then the four largest U.S. mobile carrier CEOs will participate in a roundtable conversation with CNBC “Mad Money” Host Jim Cramer on how carriers are advancing wireless innovation beyond the need for speed.
“International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012 will kick off with a robust lineup of mobile innovators ready to share their vision for the future of wireless,” said Robert Mesirow, vice president and show director for CTIA. “Over the three days of the show, attendees will be inspired by the speakers, exhibitors and panelists and have the opportunity to engage and network with their peers. Ultimately, our show provides unique access to wireless industry experts and visionaries, who have and will continue to revolutionize the wireless products and services we use today and in the future.”
The 2012 keynote sessions will be located in the convention center’s La Nouvelle Ballroom (Level 2) and streamed live at http://www.ctiashows.com/keynoteslive.
For more information on the keynotes at International CTIA WIRELESS 2012, visit www.ctiashows.com/keynotes.
For additional details and a comprehensive look at the CTIA conference program, visit: www.ctiawireless.com. Members of the media may pre-register for full access to all show events at: www.ctiashows.com/pressreg.
About CTIA Shows
CTIA Shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. International CTIA WIRELESS® takes place May 8-10, 2012 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, La. CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS(TM) takes place Oct. 9-11, 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif. Visit www.ctiashows.com.
CTIA-The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry’s voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry’s leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.
SOURCE International CTIA WIRELESS(R) 2012