Marvell’s All-Encompassing Cloud Services Solutions Power the Connected Lifestyle for Businesses and Consumers
SANTA CLARA, Calif., and LAS VEGAS, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) today announced an end-to-end cloud services and infrastructure platform that accelerates the connected lifestyle for businesses and consumers. Marvell is the only company to offer networking, compute and storage solutions that support all three clouds – private, public, and home – as well as fiber and mobile Internet service infrastructure. With this all-encompassing approach, Marvell is connecting every aspect of the digital lifestyle – whether at home, at work, or on the go.
“I am very proud of Marvell’s leadership in offering a complete end-to-end solution, from mobility to video to the cloud. Today we live and work in a world of connecting every aspect of the digital lifestyle, utilizing social media and social networking. With the rapid adoption of smartphones, smart TVs and tablets around the world, people are transferring ever-larger amounts of data to and from the cloud,” said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. “Marvell’s all-encompassing cloud services platform offers immediate and ultra secure transfers of data. I believe that our innovation and success in storage and networking for more than a decade is the critical foundation for us to now lead and drive the new demand for robust cloud solutions.”
As more people take advantage of a ubiquitous, always-on experience to store and access critical business and personal data such as documents, pictures, music and video, there is increasing pressure on the cloud to reliably support a connected lifestyle. Marvell, an industry leader in storage, networking, and application processing, has innovative solutions that touch every point in the growing cloud ecosystem.
Marvell’s approach to cloud services and infrastructure encompasses the following four elements:
Private Cloud: A highly agile, mobile workforce needs access to corporate applications and data anytime, anywhere via various user platforms, requiring a more efficient and secure network. At Interop, Marvell will introduce end-to-end silicon solutions that will accelerate the adoption of Private Cloud services. These solution firsts include:
- Innovative 4×4 Wireless Access Point technology with Implicit Beamforming for extended connectivity range for clients
- Commercially available silicon for centralized traffic managed access solutions
- The highest density, commercially available silicon solution for 40G datacenter interconnects
Public Cloud: The Public Cloud is the backbone of the connected lifestyle, hosting a variety of social media and ecommerce services, enabling digital content such as pictures, books and videos to be easily stored and retrieved from anywhere in the world at anytime. Marvell’s public cloud solutions are ideal for both hybrid compute and storage servers, and are optimized for unstructured data analytics and blazing fast access. For the first time at Interop, Marvell will demonstrate:
- A public cloud server/storage solution that leverage Marvell’s ARM CPUs and storage controllers along with a complete server software suite
- A tiered cache with MIOPS, and the highest density ARM-base cold storage solution designed for an optimal balance between disk capacity and power envelope
Home Cloud: Today’s homes are becoming increasingly digital with the introduction of devices like smart meters, wireless thermostats, and Internet-enabled TVs. The explosive growth of smart phones and tablets is driving the demand to access home content and systems 24/7 from anywhere. Building on its number-one NAS market position, at Interop, Marvell will introduce a home server solution that is low-cost, simple to use and provides easy remote access. Marvell is the first company to offer:
- A complete platform built with key technologies, including a low-power ARM CPU, SOHO Switch, power management and connectivity solutions ranging from 4×4 wireless, Zigbee to G.hn with MIMO support – resulting in faster time to market and reduced development costs
- The industry’s highest performance (per-Watt) SoC enabling a low power, always-on, home server that fosters a new generation of remote cloud services including content access, smart energy management, health monitoring and personalized entertainment
Infrastructure: Infrastructure is the foundation that connects all the clouds – private, public and home. The explosion of the mobile Internet, however, is challenging the efficiencies of the current infrastructure. Carriers are building out a new generation of WLAN, 3G and 4G/LTE-based networks, but it is critical that these new provider networks be reliable, secure, robust and able to scale. At Interop, Marvell will introduce end-to-end platform solutions that enable service providers to maximize their network performance and generate new revenues. Industry firsts include:
- Platforms for LTE “World Modem” and Universal PON (Avanta®) access
- True 100G line-rate programmable (Xelerated®) packet processing for access, transport and backhaul
- Commercially available single-chip, terabit switch platform for carrier-grade ATCA, serving gateways and UPON OLTs
Marvell’s cloud services and infrastructure demos are available at Interop 2012 by appointment only. Interop takes place May 6-10 in Las Vegas.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell’s diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Avanta and Xelerated are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact: Kim Anderson Tel: 408-222-0950 Marvell Media Relations firstname.lastname@example.org Daniel Yoo Tel: 408-222-2187 email@example.com
SOURCE Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.