TeleCommunication Systems Introduces Enterprise Security & Protection Portfolio
NEW ORLEANS, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — (CTIA Booth: #4423) — TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced the availability of its Enterprise Security & Protection (ESP) cyber security portfolio designed to meet the needs of enterprise organizations with distributed networks, including wireless operators and organizations in the energy and financial sectors.
As technology advances, so do threats to corporate IT infrastructures. A 2012 Ponemon Institute study found that the average cost of a data breach for a U.S. company was over $5 million dollars and compromised an average of 28,000 customer records. TCS’ ESP portfolio provides elite cyber solutions to safeguard critical business assets and is centered on five key elements: Assess, Protect, Validate, Monitor and Train.
- Assess: Identify vulnerabilities exploitable by potential adversaries, and recommend countermeasures and corrective actions in order to prevent attacks before they happen.
- Protect: Implement protective actions, such as policies, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems and virus/adware/malware scanners to provide an effective, ongoing defense against attacks.
- Validate: Provide an easy-to-understand quantitative measurement of an enterprise’s security posture via the ESP Validation Quotient(TM).
- Monitor: Provide an ongoing, subscription-style service that monitors the application, system and enterprise to identify new and emerging threats and to formulate recommendations for continuous improvement in security posture.
- Train: Provide multi-level training for executives, IT professionals and end users on policies and best practices to ensure a complete, defensive cyber security stance.
- Drew Morin, senior vice president and chief technology officer, TCS, said: “Today’s business environment demands a proactive approach to the rising number of advanced persistent threats attacking corporate IT infrastructures. Organizations are now realizing that it’s no longer a question of if their network will become the next victim of a cyber attack, but when. To meet these increasing threats, TCS has expanded its offering of cyber security solutions to address the needs of enterprise organizations.”
From vulnerability assessment, software engineering and information assurance, to enterprise architecture and cyber malicious activity, TCS helps harden highest-value entities, systems and networks against cyber theft. TCS provides focused training via its ESP curriculum in the fields of penetration testing, forensics-defend strategies and vulnerability analysis and ethical hacking, and brings together many of the brightest minds in security as a forum for research, collaboration and building next-generation technologies to protect critical networks.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS’ cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS’ current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
TCS Contact: Media Contact: Investor Relations: TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. Nadel Phelan Liolios Group, Inc. Meredith Allen Graham Sorkin Scott Liolios 410-295-1865 831-440-2406 949-574-3860 Mallen@telecomsys.com email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.