Once Upon a Time…Hotels.com Swept Travelers Away to Their Favorite Fantasy Lands
DALLAS, May 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Watching summer blockbusters draws us into whimsical fantasy lands that take us away from our realities – a feeling we’d love to mimic while on vacation. Although these worlds sometimes seem too magical to exist, the experts at Hotels.com® found some substitutions so travelers can feel like they have teleported to a faraway land.
- Want to live “Under the Sea” where the seaweed is always greener? Then the Wyndham Nassau Resort in the Bahamas could be the exotic vacation you’re after. Scuba dive with the fish and imagine you’re part of their world while also enjoying affordable lodging. This destination is part of the Hotels.com Summer Sale, which means rooms are up to 30 percent more affordable. Additionally, the Atlantis resort and aquarium is nearby!
- With Snow White’s character enjoying a resurgence in popularity this summer, wooded fantasy lands are enjoying more screen-time. If you long to live in the land of make believe, princesses and fairy godmothers, Germany’s Black Forest in southwest Germany is the bewitched vacation spot for you. Countless fairy tales have been set within this wooded scenery and the Hotel Restaurant Krone looks like a hotel out of a storybook – with proximity to rivers, forests and the feeling of a private getaway.
- If you’re still upset you haven’t scored a “Golden Ticket” to Willie Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, don’t be disheartened – St. Lucia is home to luxurious chocolate plantations with deliciously sweet morsels of chocolate candy. Stay in luxury at the Jade Mountain Resort, and then go on chocolate excursions to nearby chocolate farms, hotels and destinations, including the Jade Mountain Chocolate Festival in December 2012.
- Fearful of the mischievous gleam of a Leprechaun’s eye, yet want to visit the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Look no further than the Temple Bar Hotel in downtown Dublin, Ireland. This hotel is centrally located in the heart of the nightlife scene. Don’t forget to visit the National Leprechaun Museum in Dublin while nearby. Eirinn go brach!
- If “Alohomora!” makes you want to unlock the treasures that the United Kingdom has to offer…then get ready to stand on Platform 9 3/4 (or fly to Heathrow) for a relaxing country visit to the UK. Alnwick Castle in England, the 700-year-old castle filmed in some of the Harry Potter movies, is just a short drive from The Coach House – Guest House, a quaint lodging location located in the peaceful countryside.
“We become mesmerized by the scenery in our favorite movies and wish these locations existed,” said Taylor L. Cole, director public relations and social media, North America at Hotels.com. “But our vacations never need to be grounded in reality. The entire purpose of a vacation is to get away from reality! Hotels.com customers can treat themselves to a fun getaway that surpasses the typical limitations of reality for a fun-infused getaway.”
With the Hotels.com Summer Sale kicking off, Hotels.com visitors have the option of saving up to 30 percent and receiving up to $100 in cash back from participating properties when booking summer vacations this year, allowing for the fantasy getaway the family has been dreaming about all year.
To book, visit www.hotels.com, call 1-800-2-hotels, use our mobile apps, or book with a friend through our Facebook app Hotels WithMe. Other news, images and infographics are available at our media room: http://press.hotels.com/en-us/.
Ashley Aberbach – Finn Partners for Hotels.com
Phone: (212) 715 -1524
Taylor L. Cole, APR
Hotels.com North America
Phone: (469) 335-8442
Hotels.com is a leading online accommodation booking website with over 150,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Hotels.com benefits from one of the largest hotel contracting teams in the industry, negotiating the best rates for its customers, and offers frequent sales, special deals and promotions. There are more than 6.5 million Guest Reviews on the site from users who have actually stayed in the hotels to ensure customers can make an informed choice when booking. Through its industry-leading loyalty program Welcome Rewards(TM), customers can earn a free night for every 10 nights stayed at more than 65,000 hotels. Under its Price Match Guarantee, if a customer can find the same deal for less on a prepaid hotel, hotels.com will refund the difference. Travelers can book online or by contacting one of the multilingual call centers. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded at www.hotels.com/deals/mobile_app/ enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals. Hotels.com publishes an award-winning twice-yearly review of international hotel room price trends called the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index(TM), which is now produced in 31 individual country editions, with North American data available at www.hotel-price-index.com. Follow hotels.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hotelsdotcom, on Twitter at www.twitter.com/hotelsdotcom and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/hotelsdotcom. Hotels.com is part of Expedia Inc., the largest online travel company in the world with an extensive portfolio that includes some of the world’s best-known brands.
Hotels.com, Finding You The Perfect Place and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2012 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. CST # 2083949-50