Houston Insurance Agency, Noltensmeyer Insurance Services, LLC, Educates Texas Residents on Watercraft Safety
Whether residents are looking forward to lazy days on their boats and catamarans or are anticipating a fun-filled day cruising along on a jet ski – it´s critical that local boaters plan ahead with the necessary insurance and safety precautions.
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) June 02, 2012
Noltensmeyer Insurance Services, LLC, a locally based Houston insurance agency, is continuously evolving and looking for ways in which it can better serve and better educate its Texas community.
With temperatures soaring, and summer vacations just around the corner, it´s time that Texas families begin to take into consideration any plans that may take place out on the water. Whether residents are looking forward to lazy days on their boats and catamarans or are anticipating a fun-filled day cruising along on a jet ski – it´s critical that local boaters plan ahead with the necessary insurance and safety precautions.
Here´s what watercraft owners can do to avoid liability issues throughout these prime boating months:
- Secure the necessary watercraft coverage. There are two standard sections of a typical watercraft insurance policy–physical damage and liability. Most often physical damage coverage will provide protection against accidental loss or damage to the actual personal watercraft. The liability component may be the most critical; it covers your legal obligation to others in the event of an accident. Liability issues can stem from injury or loss of life to damages caused to someone else´s property.
- Make life jackets a requirement; especially for any boaters under the age of 16.
- Always be aware of your surroundings; be on the lookout for nearby swimmers, other watercraft and any obstructions near the shoreline.
- Do not operate your watercraft, or permit others to, under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Have a clear understanding of all safety features available on your watercraft; make use of any engine-stop accessories provided.
Remain clear and steadfast about all necessary safety precautions and you should be on your way to a safe, healthy and happy boating season! Individuals who have recently purchased a new boat or jet ski can visit the Houston insurance experts Noltensmeyer Insurance Services to help protect their new investment.
About Noltensmeyer Insurance Services, LLC:
Noltensmeyer Insurance Services is licensed in Texas. The 20 agents that comprise Noltensmeyer Insurance Services, LLC write auto, home, commercial and health insurance policies. The agency´s staff is divided into teams to help assist its clients who have specific insurance needs.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/6/prweb9562490.htm