NQ Mobile Launches NQ Enterprise Shield to Protect Businesses and Bring-Your-Own-Devices (BYOD) from Mobile Threats
BEIJING and DALLAS, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ — NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, today announced the official global launch of NQ Enterprise Shield, a complete mobile security solution for enterprise customers. Designed to meet the mobile security needs of the business community, NQ Enterprise Shield enables businesses to protect their employee smartphones and mobile devices from malware, hackers, eavesdroppers, and other mobile threats.
As employees and knowledge workers increasingly use bring-your-own-device (BYOD) smartphones and mobile equipment for both business and personal use, keeping corporate owned information and sensitive employee data protected has become a significant concern for businesses and employees. NQ Enterprise Shield provides enterprise customers and their employees with the privacy and security features they need to protect their businesses by securing sensitive device data from mobile threats and unsecure mobile environments.
NQ Mobile Enterprise Shield utilizes NQ Mobile’s proprietary, cloud-based security solution, which has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile security threats. With over 172 million user accounts in over 150 countries, NQ Mobile is the only mobile security provider to approach security and privacy holistically; developing consumer and enterprise security solutions that provide complete protection for smartphones and mobile devices.
“With the launch of NQ Enterprise Shield, NQ Mobile is bringing our leading mobile security technology and innovations to meet the mobile security demands of enterprise customers and their employees globally,” said Gavin Kim, Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile. “We have been listening intently to our customers and our channel partners and recognize how critical NQ Enterprise Shield is to serving the needs of the enterprise market. Through addressing the needs of distribution partners and BYOD employees, NQ Mobile is providing real world solutions for the next generation mobile economy.”
NQ Enterprise Shield is available to enterprise customers through a corporate licensing solution. Employees can download NQ Enterprise Shield directly from Google Play, or the application can be installed through an enterprise managed Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that supports third-party application installation. Activation is provided through a license code provided by an IT administrator.
In addition to offering enterprise security solutions, NQ Mobile offers several award winning consumer security and privacy solutions, including NQ Mobile Security and NQ Mobile Vault.
NQ Enterprise Shield Features:
- Fights malware, including spyware, phishing, viruses, Trojans and more. You’re protected from the latest threats with our virus updates.
- Scans every app you download in real-time, and uninstalls malicious apps to protect against hacking and phishing.
- Shows your smartphone’s security status and delivers anti-virus alerts with the click of a button.
- Password-protects your confidential messages and call logs. Once a contact is added to your private folder, all messages and call logs to and from that number will be automatically hidden and protected.
- Hides your private contacts and messages folder from your home screen.
- Monitors apps that access your private data.
- Allows you to safely browse the Internet without worrying about phishing, fraudulent sites or malware.
- Protects your personal and financial data with anti-hacking and anti-eavesdropping features.
- Remotely alarms and locates your phone when you report it missing from a remote device.
- Allows you to remotely lock or delete information from a lost or stolen phone. Your data remains safe, even if your device is gone for good.
Backup and Restore
- Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can remotely access them, anytime, anywhere.
Device Management and System Optimization
- Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Provides real-time updates on data usage.
- Monitors data traffic consumed by your apps.
- Tells you when you’ve reached your maximum data usage. You’ll never have to worry about exceeding your plan’s limits.
- Closes apps that run in the background without your knowledge, ensuring your smartphone runs at top speed.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 172 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile’s proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in Beijing, China and Dallas, TX, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.