Motorola Solutions TALKABOUT® MS350R/MS355R Consumer Radios — the Perfect Father’s Day Gift for Adventurous Dads
SCHAUMBURG, Ill., June 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — This Father’s Day, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) offers the perfect gift for every dad – a reliable multi-purpose communication device to keep him in touch with those that matter most in many remote settings and many times even when you are out of cell phone range. Whether dad is an avid outdoor sports enthusiast or a weekend playground warrior, the Motorola Talkabout® MS350R and MS355R consumer two-way radios combine high-performance two-way communications with rugged waterproof housing and convenient emergency preparedness features.
Robust & Reliable Communications for Every Water Adventure
The Motorola Talkabout MS series two-way radios are completely waterproof and float, so they are perfect to take along on summer water adventures. The radios feature an hourglass waterproof design with rugged side grips, ideal for dad to pack on weekend paddling expeditions and even extended hunting expeditions in the rain. The radios meet IP-67 standards, withstanding submersion of up to one meter for 30 minutes. So, dad doesn’t have to worry if he accidentally drops the radios into a stream when fly-fishing with his buddies. Or, if the family gets caught in a sudden rain shower while camping, the radios are engineered to withstand some of the harshest weather conditions and maintain dependable communications. The IP-67 standards also mean the radios are dust tight, so they’re perfect to take along on summer beach outings without worry that the sand will cause harm.
The MS350R and MS355R two-way radios also feature eight repeater channels, which provide dad the power to extend his range transmission by accessing a repeater channel. And, on extended outdoor adventures, dad will appreciate Motorola’s push-to-talk (PTT) power boost option. When activated, this feature can extend the range by increasing the transmitter power output – while helping save battery life when no power boost is necessary.
Ultra Convenient Features for Flexibility & Peace-Of-Mind in the Great Outdoors
The MS350R and MS355R radios are loaded with convenient features to keep dad prepared for changing weather conditions and provide peace-of-mind in the most challenging settings. Both models include an emergency alert feature and access to seven National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)/Environment Canada (EC) weather channels and four marine VHF channels, which receive continuous broadcasts of local and regional weather updates. (1)( ) For nighttime hunting and camping, and unexpected power outages, there is also a handy, built-in LED flashlight.
Serious hunters and sports enthusiasts will appreciate the MS355R, which is identical to the MS350R but available in REALTREE AP HD(TM) camouflage and equipped with two headsets with PTT microphone. Whether in pursuit of a buck or during a rigorous mountain climb, dad has the availability to communicate hands-free and without disturbing his surroundings with the convenience of the ear buds. He simply plugs the ear bud connector into the radio and snaps the PTT microphone to a shirt for a clutter-free way to communicate.
MS350R Key Features:
- Waterproof (IP67 standards)
- Floats with included NiMH battery
- 22 channels + eight repeater channels, each with 121 privacy codes for 2,662 combinations for clear, uninterrupted connections
- Dual power, works with three AA batteries (not included) and rechargeable NiMH batteries (included)
- Approximately 27-hour alkaline or nine-hour NiMH estimated talk time
- iVOX for speech-activated, hands-free communication
- QT (quiet talk) interruption feature, which minimizes listening to other conversations
- LED flashlight
- Seven NOAA and four EC marine weather channels(1)
- VibraCall(TM) vibrating alert
- Backlit display for readability in low lighting conditions
- LCD battery meter for charge indication
- PTT power boost feature
- Delivers a range of up to 35 miles(2)( )(under optimum conditions)
- Priority scan, audible low battery alert, battery save feature, keypad lock and time-out timer
Pricing and Availability
Now available, the Motorola Talkabout MS350R radios have an MSRP of $99.99 per pair, which includes two radios, two belt clips, one dual charger, one charging adapter, two NiMH rechargeable battery packs and an emergency preparedness checklist sheet. They are available in yellow. The Motorola Talkabout MS355R radios have an MSRP of $109.99 per pair, which includes two radios, two belt clips, one dual charger, one charging adapter, two PTT ear buds, two NiMH rechargeable batter packs and an emergency preparedness checklist sheet. They are available in REALTREE AP HD® camouflage.
For a full listing of features and additional information on the 2012 Motorola TALKABOUT series of products, please visit http://www.motorolasolutions.com/talkabout.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Spokesperson available for interview. Product available for review or demo.
(1) Service may not be available in all areas. Check with your local weather office for frequency and details, or visit www.weather.gov/nwr.
(2) The communication range quoted is calculated based on an unobstructed line of sight test under optimum conditions. Actual range will vary depending on terrain and conditions, and is often less than the maximum possible. Your actual range will be limited by several factors including, but not limited to: terrain, weather conditions, electromagnetic interference and obstructions. See www.giantintl.com/Range.htm for further details.
The use of two-way radios while engaged in activities requiring concentration may cause distraction or otherwise impair your ability to safely participate in such activities. Always use technology safely.
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Giant International Ltd., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Motorola Solutions, Inc.