Halon Security Sets New Standards, Announce Hassle Free Clustering Firewall
GOTHENBURG, Sweden, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ –
With the all new Halon Security Router, Halon Security takes the case of clustering
and high availability to a new level of simplicity. It’s what plug-and-play was supposed
As soon as any corporation has grown to the point of needing a high availability
firewall solution, things usually become very complicated. Building a cluster solution
with efficient and precise configuration sharing can be a nightmare for even the most
seasoned IT professional. With the Halon Security Router series, this just became a whole
- We wanted the clustering and high availability functionality in the Halon Security Router series to be as easy as possible for our customers. This is a world first for firewalls, and quite simply - this is the way plug-and-play was supposed to be, says Peter Falck, President of Halon Security.
The setup of a brand new firewall cluster with two or more Halon SR units simply
requires the IT staff to connect the two or more units together with a cable. That’s it.
The rest of the configuration distribution to all cluster nodes and high availability
setup is totally automated and done on the fly. It’s actually that easy.
- The new plug-and-play clustering setup works between all Halon SR units regardless of which platform they run on. You can, for example, build a cluster with one node running as a virtualized machine in VMware(TM) vSphere, and the other node is a hardware based firewall . The only requirement is that the license levels on all nodes in the cluster are at the same level, says Peter Falck, President of Halon Security.
The Halon Security Router family consists of three different models that all share the
same code base upon which the Security Router operating system runs:
– The appliance based version called Hardware Security Router (HSR) where all models
offer true gigabit speed on all ports.
– The virtualized solution that runs on virtualization platforms such as VMware(TM)
– The stand-alone distribution of SR that installs on almost any standards based
x86-based server from manufacturers such as Dell or HP.
All three platforms offer the same operating system, administration interface and
functionality and also give corporations a unique opportunity to pick and choose exactly
the right solution for their existing environment.
Halon Security is the most prominent and technology leader of e-mail security and
firewalls. The company was founded in 2002 and known for its award-winning e-mail security
solutions, which are used by large hosting providers, non-commercial and government
organizations, municipalities and companies of all sizes. Protecting millions of users
world-wide, Halon is known for its quality and excellence. All product platforms are
flexible and easy to integrate, with advanced scripting capabilities and unique open API,
therefore Halons platform is obvious solution for hosting providers and cloud services.
Customers can choose from variety of deployment possibilities: products are available as
hardware, software, virtual or hosted solutions.
Halon Security’s leading product families are the mail security appliances in the SPG
(hardware) and VSP (virtual machine) series and firewalls in the SR series.
All of the development, testing and support are carried out in Gothenburg, making
Halon Security unique as of producing entirely Swedish products that in many cases are
worldwide market leading in their respective niches. Halon Security is represented in 16
Halon Virtual Spam Prevention are registered trademarks of Halon Security AB. All
other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, high resolution images or evaluation products please visit
http://www.halonsecurity.com or contact:
Peter Falck President, Halon Security AB e-mail: email@example.com Phone: +46-31-301-19-20 Mobile: +46-70-954-89-71
SOURCE Halon Security