Global Market Share Report: Trend Micro #1 Again in Virtualization Security
CUPERTINO, Calif., June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Trend Micro Inc. (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, today announced that the company holds the largest share – 10 to 12 percent — in the global virtualization security management solutions market, according to The Global Virtualization Security Management Solutions Market 2011-2015, published by independent market research company TechNavio. TechNavio also recently placed Trend Micro #1 in the cloud security market share.
The report cited Trend Micro’s wide range of virtualization security solution offerings for virtual environments, and its geographic diversity compared to its competitors. The report also credits the strategic acquisition of Third Brigade, along with Trend Micro’s strong partnership network with Microsoft, HP, IBM, VMware, and more for helping Trend Micro expand its virtualization security product offering and lead the market.
The healthy virtualization security market, stated the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 49.53 percent within the next three years. Although the Americas is the major contributor to the market, with a share of 51-53 percent, the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region and the Asia Pacific (APAC) region are also coming up as strong contributors in the market.
This follows other recent third-party reports that validate Trend Micro’s stature in cloud and virtualization security:
- Leader in global cloud security market in TechNavio’s “Global Cloud Security Software Market Report 2010-2014.”
- Leader in corporate endpoint server security and worldwide virtualization security management market in IDC’s “Worldwide Endpoint Security 2011-2012 Forecast and 2010 Vendor Shares.”
- Leader in corporate endpoint server security and worldwide virtualization security management market in TechNavio’s “Global Virtualization Security Management Solutions 2010-2014.”
Trend Micro(TM) Deep Security is the company’s flagship virtualization security product. With the general availability of Deep Security 8, Trend Micro provides the industry’s first and only agentless security platform combining agentless anti-malware, integrity monitoring, IDS/IPS, web application protection and firewall in a single security virtual appliance for VMware virtual machines.
First introduced to the market less than two years ago, Deep Security:
- Provides system and application security across physical, virtual, and cloud environments, meeting the challenges of operational security and compliance needs of today’s dynamic data center.
- Combines intrusion detection and prevention, web application protection, firewall, integrity monitoring, log inspection and anti-malware capabilities in a single, centrally managed enterprise software solution.
- Has over 1500 licensed customers – many from Global 2000 companies — of its agentless security suite for virtual environments. Of these, the largest agentless deployment was for over 6000 virtual machines, and another deployment targeting 300 virtual machines in production per host.
- Is designed by a company that has been on the forefront of driving new innovation in virtualization security collaboratively with platform leaders like VMware. In recognition of its leadership in this space, Trend Micro was named VMware’s Technology Alliance Partner of the Year in 2011 and the recipient of the first Cloud Security Alliance Industry Leadership Award in 2012.
“Our success in cloud and virtualization innovation continues to propel our business and technology strategies forward, and this report is another validation of that reality. In the post-PC cloud era, Trend Micro envisions a security framework that follows and protects both businesses and individuals across evolving computing environments, applications and devices,” said Steve Quane, Chief Product Officer, Trend Micro.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years’ experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers’ and partners’ needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the industry-leading Trend Micro(TM) Smart Protection Network(TM) cloud computing security infrastructure, our products and services stop threats where they emerge – from the Internet. They are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com. This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://newsroom.trendmicro.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.
SOURCE Trend Micro Inc.