Cross-Device, Cross-OS Terminal Emulator Delivers Secure Web Access to IBM Mainframes, AS/400, and Unix Systems
WILMINGTON, Del., June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Cybele Software, Inc. announces the Beta release of z/Scope Anywhere v7.0, a first-of-its-kind software tool that provides secure access to IBM Mainframes, AS/400, and UNIX systems through any browser, operating system, or device.
z/Scope Anywhere leverages the flexibility and portability provided by modern technology devices to enable secure access through an intuitive, Web-based user interface. z/Scope Anywhere is fully tablet-ready; its metro design and support for both touch and virtual keyboards provides a familiar experience to users of smart phones and tablets.
With z/Scope Anywhere, Cybele Software solidifies its reputation as a leading provider of secure and flexible, remote-access technology. z/Scope Anywhere supports multiple protocols including TN3270E, TN5250E, Telnet VTxxx, and SSH. In addition, z/Scope Anywhere takes advantage of multi-session technology to allow multiple sessions on the same client instance, delivering even more computing capacity to remote users.
z/Scope Anywhere v7.0 Highlights
- Cross-browser, cross-operating system, cross-device browser-based client
- Support for multiple protocols, including: TN3270E, TN5250E, Telnet VTxxx, and SSH
- Multi-session support: run multiple sessions on the same client instance
- Touch and virtual keyboard enabled
- Secure: native firewall friendly
z/Scope Anywhere v7.0 Requirements
Web Terminal Emulation Client:
- OS independent
- HTML5-compliant Web Browser
- Works with Chromebooks, iPad, tablets, etc.
- Works with Linux, Mac and any Windows OS.
- Windows XP 32-bit / Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit / Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit / Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit / Windows Server 2003 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit / Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- IBM Mainframe
SOURCE Cybele Software, Inc.