Fujitsu Introduces New Personal and Portable ScanSnap Scanner With New Productivity Features, Faster Scanning Speeds and Android(TM) and Apple® iOS Device Support
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today introduced the newest addition to its portable ScanSnap product lineup for PC and Mac users. The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i is enhanced with faster scanning speeds, the ability to send and store scanned documents to Android(TM) and iOS compatible devices, and new functionality allowing users to easily upload scans to cloud-based services such as Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs(TM), SugarSync and Salesforce Chatter(TM).
The compact Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i, weighing in at just 3.1 lbs., provides the same easy-to-use one-button scanning and reliable operation as its predecessors, giving consumers and business professionals the most productive, versatile scanning experience at home or on the go. Now, with the addition of its new features and functionalities, the ScanSnap S1300i delivers an array of capabilities that no other document management company offers in a compact scanning solution. New and enhanced features of the ScanSnap S1300i include:
- Scan to Mobile — Android Tablet/Smartphone Support: With the free “ScanSnap Connect” app users now have the capability to send scanned paperwork to Android compatible tablets and smartphones running OS 2.2*. The App is also available for both the iPad and iPhone running iOS 4.2.1 or later. “ScanSnap Connect” not only provides a convenient way to send and store scans to mobile devices using your existing WiFi connection, but also gives organizations a flexible solution to assist with collaboration between colleagues and business partners. The App can be downloaded in the Google Play Store and the iTunes App Store.
- Cloud Services Support: Users can now scan documents directly to Dropbox, the popular digital storage service, giving them even more flexibility to store, share and access their paperwork. Furthermore, the ScanSnap S1300i scans directly to Evernote, Google Docs, SugarSync and Salesforce Chatter. Whether it is scanning contracts, bills, invoices, or business cards on the road or using a PC in one place and a Mac in another, consumers have the necessary tools to be even more productive and paperless virtually anywhere.
- “ScanSnap Folder”: Stay in the moment and extend the power of one-button scanning into virtually any Windows application, even in the cloud, with the “ScanSnap Folder” function. This new feature essentially replicates ScanSnap as a Windows folder which the user can open from their favorite software and web applications** allowing them to automatically attach/upload the digital files produced by the ScanSnap S1300i for the ultimate in “Scan there!” versatility.
- Faster Scanning Performance: Faster scanning speeds of up to 12 double-sided color pages per minute (ppm), even while using its advanced intelligent image-processing technology, make the ScanSnap S1300i up to 1.5 times faster than its predecessor.
“We’re excited that ScanSnap has integrated Dropbox into their devices via the Dropbox API to give our mutual users a great solution for digitizing and managing their content across multiple platforms,” said Ilya Fushman, head of Platform Business Development and Corporate Development, Dropbox, Inc.
“In the constantly evolving and fast-paced world that we live in today, people need a versatile and flexible solution to help them keep up with the demands and that is exactly what the ScanSnap S1300i is designed to do,” said Scott Francis, vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “From its ability to scan directly to multiple cloud-based services and mobile devices, to its PC and Mac compatibility, to its compact size, the ScanSnap S1300i allows consumers and business professions to be even more productive and paperless anywhere they go.”
Simple, Versatile, Powerful
ScanSnap S1300i comes with software for PC and software for Mac so users who use both can optimize their ScanSnap for either platform, making the scanner even more portable and versatile when space is an issue. In-box software includes:
- ScanSnap Organizer (PC): Offers PC users a convenient way to store, manage and view PDF and JPEG files as well as perform post-scan editing, keyword entry and searchable PDF conversion.
- ScanSnap Manager (PC & Mac): Provides PC and Mac users one button searchable PDF creation, access to intelligent features and custom scan settings (profiles) for simple operation with sophisticated results.
- Scan-to Functions (PC & Mac): Offers users a flexible way to manage PDF, searchable PDF and JPEG files, providing them with an easy way to scan to a folder, attach scans to an email, send scans to a printer, as well as to a variety of cloud-based repositories like Dropbox, Evernote, and others.
- Efficient Business Card Scanning (PC & Mac): PC users can capture a business card, extract the information automatically and export it to Outlook, Excel, Salesforce and other contact management software. While Mac users can conveniently scan their business cards and export the contact information directly to Address Book or Outlook for Mac.
Additional Productivity Features
The next generation ScanSnap S1300i can be powered by USB (USB cables and AC power adaptor included) and provides the rich intelligence and productivity capabilities that have made the ScanSnap line an award-winning device. Key innovative features of the ScanSnap S1300i include:
- Automatic Quality: When Auto is selected under Image Quality, ScanSnap increases the resolution on small documents (A6 or smaller), helping ensure the fine-print on small documents remains legible and searchable.
- Mark Text Function: Users can utilize a standard highlighter pen on a black & white document to automatically create searchable keywords of the highlighted text, such as an invoice number or last name.
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap: ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap(TM) allows users to be productive by quickly transforming their paperwork into editable Word and Excel files at the push of a button.
- Grayscale Support: In addition to automatically detecting color and monochrome, users can now scan images or text in grayscale. This is especially important for small images or text within business cards and small receipts that typically includes fine print.
- Intelligent and Convenient Document Processing: Comes loaded with a full suite of intelligent scanning features, such as automatic paper size detection, automatic de-skew, orientation, and blank page detection & deletion, and the ability to scan a document up to 34 inches long, to support a wider range of documents, such as long grocery receipts or lengthy rental agreements. The Scanner is also equipped with a 10-page (letter size) automatic document feeder (ADF).
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i is available now for $295 (U.S. list) through Fujitsu authorized resellers and mail order catalogs.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about Fujitsu ScanSnap visit:
- Android and iOS device support: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/services/computing/peripheral/scanners/ss/feature/ssca.html
- ScanSnap S1300i Product Page: http://scanners.fcpa.fujitsu.com/scansnap11/s1300i.html
- ScanSnap Community: http://scansnapcommunity.com
- Follow @ScanSnap on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScanSnap
- Become a fan of ScanSnap on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ScanSnap
*Fujitsu does not guarantee that ScanSnap Connect will work on all devices running Android OS 2.2 or later. Please check the ScanSnap Android and iOS device support page for latest information.
**ScanSnap Folder is a Windows only function and is intended for cloud services and software applications capable of data uploading/attachment of PDF and JPEG files.
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
The Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Additionally, the Advance Exchange(TM) service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program, provides the customer a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. The Advance Exchange offering is available for $99 covering 12 months. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2012 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
MEDIA CONTACTS: Jordyn Russell Angela Margraf Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. Voce Communications, Inc. 408/746-7244 415/975-2233 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com