CloudVDI Launches Virtual Desktop Service Offering SMB Clients Virtual Windows OS and Software Access and Power on any Device
Businesses can now operate Windows OS software virtually from any device, including tablets, iDevices, smartphones, thin clients, laptops and desktops through CloudVDI´s Virtual Desktop. Users have scalable access to up to 16+ Teraflops of computational power, 196 Gb of RAM, Dual Socket 8 Core processors and unlimited storage to run resource-hungry software such as Office, AutoCAD, Adobe´s Creative Suite and Maya. Processing power, memory and hard disk space are available on-the-fly so businesses can stay connected and productive, from any location, on any device — with no capital expenditure
Tampa, FL (PRWEB) June 22, 2012
CloudVDI, LLC today launched their Virtual Desktop subscription service offering businesses the ability to run Windows OS and compatible software on any CPU and mobile device through the company´s hosted servers. The Virtual Desktop service allows businesses to set up and manage employee computing resources on an extremely cost-effective basis, as well as maximizing productivity and control — at a price ranging from $29 to $79 per user per month, with a $109 monthly plan that also includes a complete 10Zig Zero Client system. CloudVDI was founded by Ryan O´Connor, Austin Hurst and Zach Hurst and is headquartered in Tampa, FL.
CloudVDI brings the advantages of enterprise-class cloud technology and services to Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) that are normally only available, due to significant cost and complexity, to very large organizations. “Our Virtual Desktop provides great benefits for SMB´s — giving them access to an enterprise-grade solution in a fully-managed fail-safe model,” said CloudVDI co-founder Zach Hurst.
CloudVDI´s tiered services model allows managers to allocate, as needed, power and capacity to users as needed and avoid overspending. “SMB´s can implement technology virtually through CloudVDI that costs organizations millions to host themselves. Our clients are benefiting by transforming a potentially massive capital expenditure into a manageable monthly operating expense,” said CloudVDI co-founder Ryan O´Connor.
With CloudVDI a manager can determine employee computing resources and access — for example, an employee´s Virtual Desktop could run Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Maya and have the full access and functionality of their working desktop on their iPad or other mobile device — significantly enhancing mobile productivity. At the same time the manager can enforce productivity parameters such as allowing two hours of FaceBook access daily, but no Farmville.
For Virtual Desktop, CloudVDI coupled their proprietary software with Citrix Receiver to create a high performance universal client that enables on-demand delivery of CloudVDI-hosted Virtual Desktops to any user or device–including PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones. Security is assured through the Citrix Access Gateway SSL VPN, providing CloudVDI customers secure and user-specific remote access to their desktops by protecting all network traffic.
Ryan O´Connor and CloudVDI engineers built-out their own proprietary network infrastructure. Each CloudVDI rack includes Dell Servers, Citrix Netscalers, Juniper Switches, Routers and Firewalls and 64 TB of storage. CloudVDI chose Hostway Corporation, a leading provider of hosting services to over 600,000 direct customers and 2 million partner customers, for hosting due to their carrier-class accessibility, reliability and redundancy.
According to CloudVDI co-founder Austin Hurst, “With 80 percent of the Fortune 100 using Citrix, Gartner estimating the hosted virtual desktop market worldwide to reach 49 million units in 2013 and Apple announcing that 93 percent of Fortune 500 companies are testing or currently using iPads in the workplace — the time is now for SMB´s to make their desktops virtual and mobile.”
CloudVDI differs from current industry solutions by hosting the solution for clients versus the client having to build and manage their own solution using a local server environment. This extends access and security outside of the local area network and provides employee access to work-issued desktops outside of the office from multiple access points. Furthermore, users can operate higher-end software from thin clients and tablets.
Monthly subscription plans follow, and are customizable depending on resources desired.
- The $29 per month Base Plan includes one virtual machine, 2 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 10 GB disk space, 100 Mbit/s bandwidth and free 24/7 support.
- The $49 per month Advanced Plan includes all Base Plan attributes plus upgrade to 3 GB RAM, 25 GB hard disk space, 500 Mbit/s bandwidth, Microsoft Office and Visio.
- The $79 per month Power Plan includes all Advanced Plan attributes plus upgrades to 4 GB RAM, 2 CPU´s, 50 GB storage, 1 Gbit/s bandwidth, Visual Studio and Adobe Productivity Pack.
- The $109 per month Complete Plan includes all Power Plan attributes plus delivery of a 10Zig Zero Client, 20 inch monitor, keyboard and mouse. The Xenith can be setup in less than 5 minutes and boots in less than 6 seconds, providing the user an immediate CloudVDI desktop.
- For businesses seeking to test virtualizing their IT infrastructure CloudVDI is offering a 30-day 5-user Pilot Program for the Thin Client/Complete Plan including five 10Zig Zero Clients, 20 inch monitors, keyboards, mice and Complete Plan subscriptions for $545.00 per month with no annual obligation. This is an ideal test bed for companies setting up new locations, departments and employees to bring them online without the significant capital expenditure required to buy and set up 5 desktops for their employees.
Customers may add additional services, including:
- Increased Processing (Up to 16 Cores)
- Increased Memory (Up to 196GB)
- Increased Hard Disk Space (Limitless)
- Addition software licenses (available in our eStore)
CloudVDI has a 15 desktop minimum order; however, the company has enacted the pilot program detailed above during its launch phase for organizations desiring to test Virtual Desktop which includes a 30-day 5-user trial of the Thin Client/Complete Plan including five 10Zig Zero Clients, 20 inch monitors, keyboards, mice and Complete Plan subscriptions for $545.00 per month. For more information please go to http://www.cvdi.co, email sales(at)sharedvdi(dot)com or call (877) 719-7557.
CloudVDI, LLC (http://www.cvdi.co), located at 412 E. Madison Street, Suite 1120, Tampa, Florida, is a certified Citrix Gold Partner Solutions Provider, a Citrix Certified Hosting Provider (CSP) and a Silver Citrix Certified Solutions Advisor (CSA), a Microsoft BizSpark Program Partner as well as an official Microsoft Cloud Services Reseller partner. CloudVDI is also a 10Zig Partner and official re-seller of all 10Zig products.
All registered and trade marks and brands in this release are the property of their respective owners.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebCloudVDI/VirtualDesktop/prweb9624736.htm