Elizabeth Smart Endorses Mobile App: Hero(TM)
SALT LAKE CITY, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Apptooth (www.apptooth.com), a leading mobile app development studio today launched a new patent-pending mobile application called Hero(TM) available in the Apple App Store for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Google Play for Android.
Hero(TM) Features Summary:
- Users can invite friends and family to be their “Heroes” from numerous social media networks including Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- Upon pressing the HERO icon on a smartphone in times of need, the user can share instant video, audio and GPS coordinates to his or her social network and other HERO app users within a five-mile radius – powered by geo-location technology.
- Track real-time location of your Facebook friends and family – your Hero network.
- The app is a unique combination of powerful social networking, crowd-sourcing and geo-location features.
- Hero(TM) can be downloaded for FREE in the Apple App Store for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Google Play for Android.
- Developed by mobile app development studio Apptooth, http://www.apptooth.com.
With the rise of social media and use of mobile devices, individuals have the ability to serve as the eyes and ears during times of need. Time is of the essence in cases of abductions, robberies, stolen property, car accidents, lost pets and numerous other similar situations.
Mobile app developer Apptooth today introduced HERO(TM), a mobile app that provides the ability to instantly stream live video, audio and GPS coordinates from a smartphone to all your Heroes and even the crowd around you within five-miles.
The new technology is endorsed by Elizabeth Smart and backed by Brett Tolman, former U.S. Attorney, who spearheaded the prosecution of her abductor. Elizabeth’s abduction and recovery motivated parents, law enforcement, and worldwide leaders to focus on child safety. In the 10 years since her abduction, Smart has become an advocate for change and through the Elizabeth Smart Foundation has helped increase awareness of personal safety and how to prevent abductions.
“In times of need, with a simple tap of an icon, the user of the HERO app can instantly share video, audio and GPS coordinates, capturing vital information and sending it to the user’s social network and to other HERO subscribers within a five-mile radius,” said George Matus, Apptooth Founder and CEO. “Subscribers can select a range of features including emergency, custom and instant crowd alerts; HERO tracking; Facebook login and alert and location mapping. Uses of the HERO app can apply to a variety of scenarios including child abduction, robbery, assault, car accidents as well as less serious situations such as a lost dog, flat tire, etc… HERO is a powerful tool combining Social Media with Crowd-Sourcing and Geo-location technology on a smartphone.”
To download Hero(TM) for free, visit www.apptooth.com/Hero and click on the Apple App Store icon for iPhone, iPad or iPod or the Google Play icon for Android.
Apptooth is a leading app development company specializing in producing some of the world’s best-selling mobile apps in a variety of platforms. For more on Apptooth, visit www.apptooth.com or like on Facebook at www.facebook.com/apptooth.
Media Contact: George Matus Apptooth, 801.556.5070, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com