UBM Electronics Expands “The Center of the Engineering Universe” at DESIGN East Conference and Expo, September 17 – 20, Boston
SAN FRANCISCO, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry‘s decision makers, today unveiled the schedule for DESIGN East (September 17-20, 2012, Hynes Convention Center, Boston, MA) — a new conference and expo combining the popular Embedded Systems Conference Boston (ESC) with four industry summits. Continuing the “Center of the Engineering Universe” theme first introduced at UBM Electronics’ DESIGN West event in March 2012, DESIGN East is Boston’s most comprehensive event for electronics engineers, system developers, business managers and leading technology vendors. The innovation of ESC and addition of the summits serves the evolving needs of engineers and developers who must become specialists in multi-disciplinary technologies. View Video
DESIGN East offers more than 100 training classes and interactive sessions during the following technical summits:
- ESC Boston- The Embedded Systems Conference and Exhibition – the global electronic industry’s leading embedded event.
- Android Summit- An immersive conference focused on “everything Android” from embedded design to applications development.
- DesignMED- A conference and expo covering medical electronics design and regulatory issues including expert sessions with a medical design exhibit area.
- LED Summit- A conference and expo focused on technology design of high-brightness LEDs in lighting and illumination.
- Sensors in Design- A conference and expo with how-to technical presentations on the application of sensor technology in real-world products.
Other DESIGN East highlights include:
- Expo: Leading technology vendors will provide hands-on education and training on the newest electronics technologies. Exhibitors include: ARM, Inc., Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., MathWorks, NXP Semiconductors, Qualcomm, Qt Commercial, Digia, and Rohde & Schwarz. Event sponsors to date include Intel and Microchip. The full DESIGN East exhibitor list can be found at: http://east.ubmdesign.com/expo/exhibitor-list
- Media Center: Connecting exhibiting companies with leading electronics industry market analysts and journalists from more than leading publications including UBM Electronics’ Design News, EBN, EDN, EE Times and Embedded.com.
“DESIGN East 2012 advances the new paradigm for electronics industry events established by the inaugural DESIGN West Conference and Expo earlier this year,” said Kathy Astromoff, CEO, UBM Electronics. “The combination of top electronics industry summits with the ‘Center of the Engineering Universe’ theme provides a deeply technical curriculum and an extraordinary opportunity for attendees to experience the hottest new products and companies in a fun and highly accessible environment.”
DESIGN East attendee registration is open at http://designeast.reg.ubmelectronics.com/2012/
Accredited media are encouraged to register at http://east.ubmdesign.com/information-center/media-center/#reg
For more information on sponsorship, please contact Sean Raman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415.947.6622
Follow the News
Official hashtag: #designeast
Follow DESIGN East news via Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ubmdesign
Follow DESIGN East news via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EmbeddedSystemsConference
Held in key strategic technology development locations worldwide, UBM Electronics’ DESIGN events are the global electronics industry’s leading gatherings. With cutting edge product demonstrations, visionary speeches and hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities, DESIGN is the ideal venue for the electronics engineering community to learn, collaborate and recognize excellence. UBM Electronics’ DESIGN events cater to the extremely technical, higher-learning needs of the world’s top engineers while providing an unprecedented forum for the examination of the industry’s pressing business challenges.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for design engineering and the electronics industry. We deliver results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, DataSheets.com, Designlines, and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN, DesignCon, and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information, go to www.ubmelectronics.com; follow us at @ubm_electronics to get the latest UBM Electronics news.
For more information on DESIGN East 2012 please contact:
Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics
Kaye Public Relations
SOURCE UBM Electronics