Certeon Announces Deepening of Partnership and OEM Agreement with Dell
BURLINGTON, Mass., July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Certeon, Inc., the Application Performance Company today announced the global expansion of its partnership with Dell. Customers can now easily and cost effectively purchase and deploy Certeon’s aCelera Virtual Appliance with Dell’s EqualLogic SANs to seamlessly accelerate backup and disaster recovery from datacenter to recovery site or the cloud.
Latency in networks significantly slows down data backup and replication processes between data centers and remote replication sites or a cloud. Certeon’s aCelera virtual appliance software works in concert with Dell EqualLogic iSCSI SAN Storage Arrays to enable high performance, scalable, and cost-effective business continuity environments. By combining aCelera with Dell EqualLogic iSCSI SAN Storage Arrays, enterprises get a solution that delivers significantly accelerated backup and replication performance across the WAN while simultaneously reducing infrastructure costs.
Performance testing workloads:
- A 9.73GB ISO Image and a 7.63 GB Virtual Machine Image
- Initially a baseline measurement was taken (no acceleration)
- Subsequent measurements were taken with the same data on a first pass and second pass (i.e. restore) measurement taken with aCelera acceleration on
- To demonstrate additional versatility, the aCelera virtual appliance located in Ohio was running on the VMware ESX Hypervisor and the other aCelera virtual appliance located in Texas was running on Microsoft’s Hyper-V Hypervisor
- The goal was to reduce normal deficiencies in TCP/IP traffic over latency prone links and judge Certeon’s ability to significantly reduce bandwidth consumption and reduce replication times
Performance with aCelera enabled:
- Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) on the 7.63GB Virtual Machine Image went from 10:30 hours to less than 1:30 hours, an 88% improvement.
- Effective throughput exploded from 14MB/minute to an effective rate of 119MB/minute, a 750% improvement
- RTO and throughput results for the 9.73 GB ISO Image showed the same levels of performance increase
The two companies have had a successful partnership since 2010 when Dell became a Certeon reseller and have jointly developed a white paper about getting faster data replication and backup between remote sites and LAN-like application performance over the WAN. “Together, EqualLogic PS Series SANs and aCelera Sync software enable organizations to deploy higher performance data protection, safeguarding critical business data.”
- Creates SKUs in the Dell Harmony order entry system for easier ordering
- Offers multiple combinations of aCelera and Dell EqualLogic hardware
- Features aCelera software specifically optimized to run on Dell EqualLogic
“We are delighted to expand upon our existing relationship with Dell and provide their customers a better solution to eliminate the lag times associated with traditional forms of off-site data backup,” said Shawn Cooney, Certeon Director of Product Marketing. “In this highly-competitive marketplace, one key to staying ahead is streamlining customer access to the best solutions. Dell EqualLogic and aCelera offer the best combination of price/performance and purchasing this bundled solution is now easier than ever.”
Accelerate and broaden application access by virtualizing your network. Certeon eliminates traditional network constraints and geographical barriers, providing any user a LAN-like experience when working with business-critical applications and data. Certeon software is built for your virtualized environment. It is more scalable and flexible than classic proprietary hardware solutions and it runs on Windows. We are continuously enhancing our products, protecting your investment in Certeon software and preparing your data center for the future.
Certeon is a private company backed by Sigma Partners, RRE and Globespan Partners, headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, USA. www.certeon.com
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
SOURCE Certeon, Inc.