Enova Technology Launches Enigma USB Data Encryption Solution for Consumer and Enterprise Data Protection
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Building on its heritage of expertise in embedded encryption solutions, Enova Technology today announced the launch of the Enigma module, a USB encryption solution designed to provide consumers and enterprises with real-time full disk encryption for any USB mass storage class (MSC) drive.
A recent study released by the Ponemon Institute revealed that when compared to the potential damage caused by data disclosure, the cost of encryption is a fraction of the value it provides to businesses around the world. In all surveyed countries, the expected benefits of full disk encryption exceeded the estimated costs of implementing a solution by a factor ranging from four to 20. By leveraging Enova’s real-time encryption technology, the Enigma module provides complete protection of data-at-rest, eliminating the risk of a damaging breach.
- Automatic and Transparent Encryption: Data written to the USB drive through the Enigma module is automatically and transparently encrypted, whereas data read out from the drive is automatically decrypted, requiring no additional hardware or software. All data is protected on your drive using the Enigma module.
- Trusted Security Standards: NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)/CSE (Communications Security Establishment) certified hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) ECB/CBC engines up to 256-bit strength.
- Encryption of Off the Shelf USB Drives: Encrypts any number of USB disk drives, solid state drives, thumb drives, Blu-ray, DVD+/- RW, CD-R drives and card reader media, including SD and MMC.
- Multi Platform Compatibility: Compatible with any Windows, Mac, Linux or Android platform.
- Protection from Viruses and Malware: Creates a “Read Only” function on the USB drive that protects users from potentially harmful viruses, spyware and malware.
- Complete USB Compliance: Compliant with any USB 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0 MSC protocols.
- Easy to Use: Simple design with no new programming for the user to learn or sophisticated graphical user interface for the user to navigate.
- Built in Initializer: Initialization software is stored on the device for easy and immediate deployment.
Robert Wann, CEO, Enova Technology, said:
“Often, the implementation of data encryption solutions is a retroactive endeavor after a major data breach. To aid organizations in proactively securing their data at rest, we’ve taken our expertise in data encryption and packaged it into an easy to use USB solution. The Enigma module will add a much needed layer of security to sensitive consumer and enterprise data.”
Charles Kolodgy, research vice president, security products, IDC, said:
“As the frequency and severity of data breaches grows, endpoint security is increasingly critical to consumers and organizations looking to secure their sensitive information. External storage devices in particular, such as USB hard drives and thumb drives, are often unprotected and therefore vulnerable to data theft or device loss. Hardware solutions that provide ease of use and comprehensive capabilities are a huge asset to both organizations and individual users in protecting data-at-rest.”
About Enova Technology:
Enova Technology is a global leader in hardware-based cryptographic solutions that address the increasing requirement for privacy and confidentiality, satisfying the growing demand for data security across the globe. Enova’s advanced real-time cryptographic solutions are designed to meet the performance and encryption standards of the most demanding government and enterprise customers. For more information, visit the Enova Technology website: http://www.enovatech.net.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE Enova Technology