PCI Express CAN Interface with CAN Bus Error Detection – Product Relesase from esd electronics, Inc.
esd electronics introduces the CAN-PCIe/400 PCI Express CAN Interface featuring up to four CAN channels and supporting advanced CAN Bus error detection, analysis, and simulation.
Greenfield, MA (PRWEB) August 07, 2012
The CAN-PCIe/400 is a PC board designed for the PCI Express bus that features two (CAN-PCIe/400-2) or four (CAN-PCIe/400-4) CAN High-Speed interfaces acc. to ISO 11898-2. The CAN-PCIe/400-4 board utilizes two additional CAN interfaces via a separate slot bracket.
The independent CAN networks are driven by the esdACC (esd Advanced CAN Core) implemented in the Xilinx Spartan 3e FPGA. Controlled by the FPGA, the CAN-PCIe/400 supports bus mastering as an initiator, meaning that it is capable of initiating write cycles to the host CPU´s RAM independent of the CPU or the system DMA controller. This results in a reduction of overall latency on servicing I/O transactions in particular at higher data rates and reduced host CPU load. The CAN-PCIe/400 provides high-resolution hardware timestamps and supports CAN Error injection on request.
CAN layer 2 (CAN-API) software drivers are available for Windows, Linux, VxWorks, QNX and RTX supporting up to 24 CAN nets. The CANopen software package is vailable for Windows, Linux, VxWorks and QNX. Drivers for other operating systems are available on request.
The basic product features are:
- CAN ISO 11898-1 protocol compatibility
- 11-bit and 29-bit CAN IDs
- Bit rates from 10kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s supported
- Receive buffer (64 CAN messages )
- Complete access to CAN error counters
- Programmable error warning limit
- Error code capture register
- Error interrupt for each CAN bus error
- Arbitration lost interrupt with detailed bit position
- Single-shot transmission (no re-transmission)
- Listen only mode (no acknowledge, no active error flags)
- Automatic bit rate detection (software supported bit rate detection)
- Acceptance filter (4-byte code, 4-byte mask)
- Self reception mode (reception of ℠own´ messages)
For further, more detailed information (including a downloadable hardware and software configuration manual) please log on to our website at http://www.esd-electronics.com or call our sales manager Michelle Dzialo at 413-772-3170.
esd electronics, Inc. has over 20 years experience as qualified system integrators in industrial automation specializing in EtherCAT® and Controller Area Network (CAN) technologies CANopen, DeviceNet and J1939 providing EtherCAT® and CAN interfaces for PCI, PCIe, cPCI, ISA, VME, & PC104. Visit our website at http://www.esd-electronics.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/8/prweb9738120.htm