AEA Technology, Inc. Introduces their new E20/20 Step Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR)
CARLSBAD, Calif., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — AEA Technology, Inc. is proud to introduce its newest product the E20/20 Step TDR. “E” standing for the “Enhanced” version of our 20/20 Step TDR. This new TDR replaces our 20/20 Step TDR which has been on the market for eight years, pioneered a path for hand-held Step TDRs, and has gained steadily in popularity and a loyal following among its users.
We compiled years of customer comments and input concerning the 20/20 TDR to totally re-design it for a more user friendly instrument, updated the technology, and added advanced features like Micro Fault locating. The same rugged case and lightweight packaging was maintained for convenient “Belt Friendly” portable cable testing. Key enhancements include:
- New keypad with LED indicators for active Function Keys and alpha-numeric keypad for data entries
- Larger LCD fonts for a clearer display
- Simpler and easier to use menus, context sensitive help and a Setup Wizard
- USB-2 PC interface
- New ranges: 0-10ft (2m) minimum and 20,000ft (5Km) maximum
- Zoom on cursor marked events
- New Micro Fault locating – Quickly locate minute service affecting faults that can slow or interrupt high-bandwidth applications.
- Update the TDR’s Cable List from the PC
- Save and Recall traces by name and automatic date/time stamp
The new ETDR PC Vision(TM) software has also been upgraded with numerous improvements and added features. Key software enhancements are:
- New Com Port Tab for easy communications setup at the PC
- Enhanced graphical display with more information about the traces and new two traces comparison graph
- New trace upload methods for saving some or all traces on the PC at once or copying a list of saved traces in the TDR’s memory.
- Uploading and downloading Cable Lists that can be customized on the PC
AEA Technology, Inc. is located in Carlsbad, CA. Originally known as “Advanced Electronic Applications and AEA Wireless, the company has been in business for 39 years supplying economical hand-held SWR meters, Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, FDRs and Step TDRs.. All instruments are designed and manufactured at our Carlsbad, CA facility.
Visit our web site at www.aeatechnology.com or call us at 1-800-258-7805 or +1-760-931-8979 to find out more about the new E20/20 TDR and the superior performance a Step TDR provides.
SOURCE AEA Technology, Inc.