Fiberlink Achieves “Outstanding” Product Viability Score in Report on Critical Capabilities for Mobile Device Management
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Fiberlink(®), the leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for secure mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM), today announced its evaluation in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for Mobile Device Management report (1). This research complements the Magic Quadrant for MDM (2), in which Fiberlink was placed in the Leaders quadrant, and provides a more quantitative analysis across a range of customer deployment use cases and capabilities.
Fiberlink scored a 4.8 out of 5 in the “As-a-service and cloud delivery models” category. According to Gartner, “As-a-service MDM offerings are growing in the market, and are increasingly being adopted by organizations because of their greater flexibility, scalability and cost-effectiveness, compared with on-premises deployments.” (1) In addition, Fiberlink received the highest possible assessment for Product Viability: “Outstanding.”
MaaS360 is naturally the best cloud solution because it was originally “cloud built” rather than competing solutions, which were designed for the LAN then “cloud modified.” This allows MaaS360 to provide key features such as:
- Instant service turn-up from www.maas360.com
- Trusted FISMA Certification and SOC-2 compliance
- Integration with existing infrastructure for hybrid cloud deployments
- Automatic high availability and disaster recovery
- Continuous maintenance and ongoing technology updates
- App Cloud and Doc Cloud for seamless online application and content distribution
Gartner reviewed Fiberlink and its competitors across seven critical capabilities to provide quantitative ratings for the report. The capabilities include policy enforcement and compliance, security, containerization, application management, document sharing and management, scalability and as-a-service and cloud delivery models.
“We believe MaaS360′s high scores in this research further affirms our product and delivery method,” said Christopher Clark, president of Fiberlink. “We address the most critical capabilities for MDM across the broadest set of customer use cases. No other MDM solution allows its customers to solve mobile device challenges quicker than MaaS360.”
The security of mobile devices, company data and applications are of the utmost concern for organizations implementing iPhones, iPads and Android devices. MaaS360 provides strong enterprise security that enables IT staff to:
- Enforce security policies for passcodes and device encryption
- Enforce Mobile Network Access Control
- Enable true continuous monitoring on mobile endpoints for compliance
- Perform remote actions such as full and selective data wipe
- Use privacy settings to protect personally identifiable information
- Remove and distribute applications, enforce whitelisting / blacklisting
- Distribute sensitive documents in a secure container with centralized management
Fiberlink is the recognized leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for secure enterprise mobile device and application management. Its cloud-based MaaS360 platform provides IT organizations with mobility intelligence and control over mobile devices, applications and content to enhance the mobile user experience and keep corporate data secure across smartphones, tablets and laptops. MaaS360 helps companies monitor the expanding suite of mobile operating systems, including Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. Named by Network World as the Clear Choice Test winner for mobile device management solutions and honored with the 2012 Global Mobile Award for “Best Enterprise Mobile Service” at Mobile World Congress, MaaS360 is used to manage and secure more than one million endpoints globally. For more information, please visit http://www.maas360.com.
© 2012 MaaS360 and the MaaS360 logo are trademarks of Fiberlink Communications and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other brand names are trademarks of their respective partners.
(1) Gartner Critical Capabilities for Mobile Device Management by Monica Basso and Phillip Redman, August 8, 2012.
(2 )Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software” by Phillip Redman, Monica Basso, John Girard, May 17, 2012.
For Additional Information Contact: Fiberlink United States Fiberlink United Kingdom ----------------------- ------------------------ Joe Palladino or Chris Poisson Annie Barker or Alastair McCormack MaaS360@schwartzmsl.com MaaS360@schwartzmsl.com (781) 684-0770 +44 (0)20 7878 3137