A10 Networks Announces New SoftAX Trial Version and Streamlined Automated Download
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — A10 Networks(TM), the technology leader in Application Networking, today announced a new trial version of its SoftAX virtual machine (VM). SoftAX is a software-based AX Series Application Delivery Controller (ADC) with the same full range of Layer 4-7 load balancing, application acceleration and security features, helping customers and cloud providers to rapidly build cloud environments and deploy as needed based on demand. With SoftAX, which can be installed on commodity hardware atop a hypervisor in less than 10 minutes, customers reduce hardware costs, deliver on data center consolidation initiatives and gain the flexibility to deploy to compatible Cloud Computing providers.
In tandem, A10 has enabled universal access to its online community portal, the Virtual Application Delivery Community, also known as the Virtual ADC (www.virtualadc.com). A10′s Virtual ADC delivers fast access to technical information and the ability to interact with other A10 customers and subject matter experts. The site not only pulls together original Virtual ADC content (for example blogs and aFleX Layer 7 scripting forums) but also features useful links to technical and educational content (for example the LeXicon glossary and a quick link to software downloads).
“A10′s charter has always been to make our solutions easy to use and deploy, lowering the barrier of entry for our very complex and intelligent traffic management tools,” said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO for A10 Networks. “The new automated SoftAX trial version introduces our AX solutions to a much wider audience, in tandem with our open community web site, which gives our customers and partners additional technical knowledge to better realize the power of our technology.”
SoftAX Trial Version
- Enables up to 5 Mbps of bandwidth for 30 days of testing
- Can be upgraded to a full production copy at any time
- Bandwidth can be increased with “pay-as-you-grow” model, up to 8 Gbps
- Certified for and by VMware, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Lync 2010
- No human interaction to download and license
- Can be deployed in under 10 minutes
- Full-featured version with the latest code and software upgradable
- Test configurations portable to AX Series hardware appliance
- Virtual ADC forum (www.virtualadc.com) available for questions, even without a support contract
SoftAX certifications for enterprise solutions also apply to the trial version:
- VMready certification – This ensures SoftAX meets the high standards of VMware vSphere compatibility, and installs and operates correctly with VMware.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 certification – SoftAX optimizes Exchange performance and increases security, including end-to-end email encryption with options other vendors do not offer today.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 and OCS certification – The SoftAX is the only virtual ADC currently certified by both VMware and, for the Microsoft Lync application, by Microsoft. The SoftAX also is certified for Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS), which is the predecessor to Lync.
Virtual Application Delivery Community
- Now open to the public, including SoftAX trial license users
- AX Series forums for technical discussion
- Dedicated aFleX forum with sample scripts and discussion
- aFleX and other solution tutorial pages
- Industry related blog entries, commentaries and technical advice
- Quick links to technical resources, including software downloads
“Online communities are essential to enable complex technologies such as Application Delivery Controllers, allowing customers to interact, share knowledge and benefit from a rich, real-life, knowledge base,” said Dr. Jim Metzler of Ashton Metzler & Associates. “Access to virtual editions and community sites such as A10′s SoftAX and Virtual ADC ensure a healthy ecosystem for vendors and customers alike.”
The new SoftAX trial version is available for immediate download at:
Virtual Application Delivery Community: http://www.virtualadc.com
Additional SoftAX Resources: http://www.a10networks.com/products/axseries-softax.php
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia and Singapore. For more information, visit: http://www.a10networks.com
ACOS, aFleX, aXAPI, aVCS, Virtual Chassis, SoftAX, and aFlow are registered trademarks of A10 Networks.
SOURCE A10 Networks