CellTrust SecureSMS Continues to be Safe and Secure Despite Recent iPhone/iOS SMS Text Messaging Security Flaw
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — CellTrust Corporation, the recognized worldwide leader in secure mobile communication (www.celltrust.com), today announced that customers using CellTrust SecureSMS(®)( )are protected against the recently discovered security flaws on iPhone iOS mobile operating system. CellTrust’s SecureSMS(®), with its advanced security architecture, validates and authenticates the senders and receivers of each secure text message, ensuring message integrity and authenticity.
A recent blog post by developer and security researcher, pod2g, warns mobile users to “Never trust SMS: iOS text spoofing,” and cites a flaw in the implementation of SMS on the iPhone that puts mobile users at risk of their confidential information or identity being compromised or exposed by criminals through simple text messages. This clearly shows the need for SecureSMS.
“This is not the first time that mobile operating systems have been exposed for their vulnerability to SMS spoofing and phishing, and the iOS operating system is certainly not the only one at risk of SMS security flaws,” said Sean Moshir, CEO and Chairman of CellTrust. “Mobile communications security has been CellTrust’s mission ever since the company was founded in 2006. We knew that mobile users were exposed to a variety of security risks, and we developed solutions to protect mobile users and others in the mobile ecosystem from being exposed to these threats.”
Moshir continued, “Any consumer or business entity in government, healthcare or financial services who is using CellTrust SecureSMS can rest assured that their text messages are safeguarded against security risks, no matter which mobile operating system they use.”
CellTrust SecureSMS provides:
- End-to-end, government-grade encryption of all text messages
- Extended text message size from 160 characters to 5,000
- Two-factor authentication
- Confirm delivery and read receipt
- Policy-based encryption key changes
- Message life span
- Auditing and compliance with HIPAA, FISMA, and Sarbanes-Oxley, ensuring that information is kept private and only delivered to the intended recipient
- Remote data wipe if a device is lost or unauthorized access attempts are detected
- Architecture that does not store passwords in the memory of handset or transmit it across the wireless network
In addition to SecureSMS(®), CellTrust also provides secure email to mobile and SecureVoice(TM) solutions – a suite which delivers complete security for all mobile email, voice, and text communications.
Lora Friedrichsen/Valerie Christopherson
Global Results Comms (GRC) for CellTrust
SOURCE CellTrust Corporation