ShareBuilder from ING DIRECT Investing Launches Online Bond Funds Center
SEATTLE, Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — ShareBuilder from ING DIRECT Investing today introduced an online Bond Funds Center offering easy access to fixed income mutual funds and ETFs, and featuring educational tools and resources designed to help self-directed investors learn about and diversify in fixed income(1).
“As with any investment, fixed income or ‘bond’ funds are subject to risk, but they also offer investors diversification, price transparency, and ease of use and access,” said Dan Greenshields, president of ING DIRECT Investing. “Fixed income is a key component to a well-diversified(2) portfolio, and ShareBuilder is committed to offering the products and tools to support investors as they work toward their goals – and that help make investing easy.”(3)
ShareBuilder’s new Bond Funds Center features:
- Screening tools: identify fixed income mutual funds or ETFs based on popular, pre-defined screens, or do a custom search by fund type, classification or rating
- Educational articles: learn about the differences between bonds and bond funds with educational articles from SmartMoney.com
- Fund ratings: view the top-rated bond mutual funds and ETFs from Lipper Leader Ratings(4), a global leader in supplying mutual fund information, analytical tools and commentary
- Performance views: view bond fund performance over time with a dynamic view of the U.S. Treasury Yield Curve
At ShareBuilder, investors have quick and easy access to buy, sell and trade bond mutual funds and ETFs. ShareBuilder also offers access to recent innovations including “defined maturity” bond funds.
For more information, visit www.sharebuilder.com.
(1) Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the fund before investing. This and other important information is contained in the prospectus, which can be obtained from the fund company directly or by contacting Customer Service and which should be read carefully before investing.
(2) Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against market losses.
(3 )Bond funds are subject to interest rate, credit, and inflation risk. International bond funds involve additional risks, including currency fluctuations and the potential for adverse developments in specific countries or regions. Funds that invest in emerging markets are generally more risky than those that invest in developed countries. High yield bond funds contain bonds that are rated below investment grade and that may have a higher risk of default or other adverse credit events. Sector funds are subject to sector risks and non-diversification risks, which may result in performance fluctuations that are more extreme than fluctuations in the overall stock market. Municipal bond funds may be subject to alternative minimum tax and state and local taxes. Investing in tax free funds may not be appropriate for investors in all tax brackets.
(4 )Lipper, a Thomson Reuters company, is a global leader in supplying mutual fund information, analytical tools, and commentary. Lipper’s benchmarking and classifications are widely recognized as the industry standard by asset managers, fund companies and financial intermediaries.
ShareBuilder is a service of ING DIRECT Investing, a leading online brokerage for investors who have long-term financial goals and want to say goodbye to investing complexity. Whether you’re a seasoned investor or just getting started, ShareBuilder has what Americans need to help secure their financial future without sacrificing their lives to the stock market. No minimum balance required when you open an account and pay low commissions when investing. Trade when you want, any amount you want, and what you want — stocks, exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, options and retirement solutions.
Securities products are offered by ING DIRECT Investing, Inc., a registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. ING DIRECT Investing is a subsidiary of ING Bank, fsb. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
ING Bank, fsb, and its subsidiaries, including ShareBuilder Corporation, have been acquired by Capital One Financial Corporation and are no longer affiliated with ING Groep N.V. (“ING”). The trademarks ING, ING DIRECT, ING Lion, and the ING Lion logo, alone or as a part of any trademark, logo, work or domain name are trademarks of ING and are used by permission.
Securities products are: Not FDIC insured – Not Bank guaranteed – May lose value
Media Relations Contact:
Alison Cahill Rouse