Turnitin Announces North American User Event Tour
OAKLAND, Calif., Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Turnitin, the leader in originality checking and online grading, today announced the Turnitin Teachers Tour–a series of regional user events across North America. This seven-city tour will feature presentations from Turnitin experts and power users that highlight best practices for using Turnitin to foster original writing and provide more substantive feedback on assignments. Attendees will also learn practical ways to use Turnitin to streamline the grading and mark-up process, which saves educators valuable time and engages students in the writing process.
“More than a million instructors are using Turnitin around the world, but many are just scratching the surface of its potential,” said Ray Huang, customer programs manager for Turnitin. “These events will showcase best practices from our most advanced users, and enable them to share these valuable insights with their peers.”
The Turnitin Teachers Tour stops at these select cities:
- Long Beach, Calif. | Sept. 14
- Minneapolis, Minn. | Oct. 5
- Miami, Fla. | Oct. 9
- Washington, D.C. | Oct. 12
- Hartford, Conn. | Oct. 16
- Westchester, N.Y. | Oct. 18
- Denver, Colo. | Nov. 5
Notable presenters include:
- Renee Bangerter, English professor at Saddleback College in California and instructor for the Turnitin Academy Live online professional development course.
- Shannon Farris, associate professor of psychology at St. Leo University in Florida and host of the eCOACH Online Learning webinar series.
- Summer Dittmer, English teacher at Mercy High School Burlingame in California.
For more information or to register to attend, visit:
Turnitin is the global leader in evaluating and improving student writing. The company’s cloud-based service for originality checking, online grading and peer review saves instructors time and provides rich feedback to students. One of the most widely distributed educational applications in the world, Turnitin is used by more than 10,000 institutions in 126 countries to manage the submission, tracking and evaluation of student papers online. Turnitin also offers iThenticate, a plagiarism detection service for commercial markets, and WriteCheck, a suite of formative tools for writers. Turnitin is backed by Warburg Pincus and is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with an international office in Newcastle, U.K. For more information, please visit http://turnitin.com.
All products and services mentioned in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.