New Firetide Mobility Controller Wins Security Products 2012 Wirless Product Of The Year Award
Second generation infrastructure mobility software platform enables uninterrupted video and internet connectivity on vehicles moving at high speeds.
Los Gatos, Calif. (PRWEB) September 10, 2012
Firetide, Inc., the leading provider of wireless infrastructure mesh networks, today announced that Firetide´s new mobility controller (FMC 2000) has been selected as the winner of Security Products magazine´s ℠2012 New Product of the Year Award´ in the wireless technology category.
Firetide´s mobility infrastructure, which includes HotPort 7000 series mesh nodes and the intelligent software-based FMC-2000 mobility controller, enables public transportation and public safety agencies to deploy a full-service wireless infrastructure for live video surveillance, Wi-Fi, and data applications on virtually any vehicle including trains, subways, buses, and security vehicles traveling up to 90 mph.
The new version delivers reliable, uninterrupted video and Internet connectivity and controls up 1,024 mobile nodes mounted on moving vehicles that communicate with stationary mesh nodes stationed along the vehicle routes on buildings, utility poles, or subway walls. The entire system enables full control and seamless vehicle roaming across up to 256 different mesh networks spanning virtually any distance.
Public Transportation vehicles such as buses, subways, and trains can offer enhanced services to passengers and operators that go beyond conventional Wi-Fi connectivity. Example applications for Firetide´s mobility infrastructure include:
- 2-Way Video enables train and subway operators to view live video feeds onboard the train itself, and also view live video of the tracks and the stations they are scheduled to arrive at. This enables train operators to see hazards and people on the tracks ahead and to determine if the upcoming passenger loading platform is clear and that the train ahead of them has actually left the station. Video helps operators and station staff to quickly identify safety and security issues to avoid potential disasters and make critical life-saving decisions.
- Video Offload capability enables vehicles to wirelessly offload video captured by on-board cameras to a storage server located inside the station.
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) vehicles equipped with a wireless network infrastructure can send critical information about a patient in transit, such as heart rate, blood pressure, and live video enabling the emergency room to be better prepared to treat the patient upon arrival.
- Police and Public Safety vehicles can view video feeds from video cameras around town providing virtual eyes to monitor more locations, reduce response time and enable police officers to be better prepared in responding when a problem occurs.
- Digital Signage can be employed to provide information on travel schedules and routes, display advertising, broadcast public service announcements, and more.
- Data Collection with RFID and optical scanners for gathering and transmitting information such as ticketing data, vehicle locations, and route conditions.
“Winning Security Products magazine´s New Wireless Product of the Year is a testament to Firetide´s dedication in developing the very best in wireless infrastructure products,” said Bo Larsson, chief executive officer of Firetide. “We have worked tirelessly to create highly reliable, flexible wireless solutions that enable an entirely new class of applications and functionality not possible on stationary networks.”
The Security Products New Product of the Year Award honors the outstanding product development achievements of security equipment manufacturers whose products are considered to be particularly noteworthy in their ability to improve security.
The FMC 2000 is available immediately through Firetide´s network of partners, integrators and resellers. For more information please contact Firetide Sales at (408)-399-7771 or via email at sales(at)firetide(dot)com.
About Firetide Inc.
Firetide is the leading provider of wireless broadband networks that enable concurrent video, voice and data applications for government, transportation and commercial customers. Firetide is unmatched in providing reliable, high-performance wireless infrastructure mesh and access technologies that are cost effective for hosting a wide range of fixed and mobile applications. Headquartered in Los Gatos, Calif. with availability worldwide, Firetide is a privately held company. For more information about the company check out http://www.firetide.com and follow us on twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/firetide).
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/9/prweb9881999.htm