Delphax Announces North American Introduction Of elan(TM)
MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Delphax Technologies Inc. (OTC: DLPX), a global provider of high-speed digital printing equipment, today announced the North American introduction of its elan(TM) digital color print system next month at Graph Expo 2012. The company will showcase demonstrations of the major advances in inkjet and paper-handling technologies offered by the elan 500 powered by Memjet in booth 2038 at Chicago’s McCormick Place South.
A robust production class sheet-fed print system, elan 500 offers 1600 dpi print quality in vibrant full color at speeds of up to 500 impressions per minute. The system integrates multiple Memjet printheads with a unique Delphax-designed paper path to create an unprecedented combination of speed, versatility, affordability and high quality color for sheet-fed and on-demand inkjet production.
“We believe that elan‘s combination of price, sheet-fed configuration and performance will make versatile high-quality color printing affordable–and profitable–for a much wider range of commercial printers,” said Dieter Schilling, president and chief executive officer of Delphax. “We are targeting a price of under $500,000 for a standard elan system, including a high-capacity input feeder and high-capacity stacker.”
Schilling said that elan is Delphax’s response to a growing customer demand for more efficient, versatile and affordable color printing equipment. A multi-application system, elan promises to be ideal for commercial print-on-demand challenges in direct mail, transpromotional, billing, statements and book or manual publishing. Its variable data and MICR capability are also expected to make elan attractive to Delphax’s established security printing market.
“The system’s capabilities have been shaped by our market research, including extensive customer input, on the production and competitive pressures faced by commercial printers today,” Schilling said. “The result is innovation that not only sets a new speed and quality benchmark for inkjet technology in a sheet-fed configuration, but also creates pricing advantages for our customers.”
More about elan:
- The elan digital front end (DFE) uses the Adobe PDF document format for both publishing and variable workflow, driven by Delphax’s unique scalable RIP architecture. The elan DFE allows simple and cost-effective integration into any workflow solution without binding the customer to proprietary systems or requiring separate software solutions for each application type.
- An intuitive touch-screen interface simplifies the operator experience, keeping input options clear and uncomplicated. Comprehensive reporting systems provide detailed metrics and permit real-time analysis of system performance.
- Maximum sheet size is 18 x 25.2 inches (SRA2 – 450 x 640 mm); minimum sheet size – 8 x 8 inches (203.2 x 203.2 mm).
- The system prints on a wide range of substrates, from 60 to 350 gsm. Patent-pending in-line primer capability is an option for enhancing substrate compatibility.
- The system also offers up to two spot colors. Industry certified Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) is offered for security and direct mail printing and other personalized applications.
Customer beta testing is currently scheduled to begin mid-year 2013 at customer sites in the United States, Canada and Europe. The system is expected to be available commercially before the end of 2013.
About Delphax Technologies Inc.
Delphax Technologies Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and delivery of advanced digital print production systems. For more than 30 years, Delphax has pioneered high-speed digital imaging innovations that improve throughput and enhance efficiencies for publishers, direct marketers and other commercial print customers where cost and quality are important. The Delphax portfolio includes specialized full color inkjet or monochrome inkjet and toner technologies that are ideal for a wide range of applications over a broad spectrum of substrates from ultra lightweight paper to heavy stock in both roll-fed and cut-sheet print environments. Delphax is headquartered in Minneapolis, with subsidiaries in Canada, the United Kingdom and France. The company’s common stock is currently quoted over the counter under the symbol DLPX. Additional information is available on the company’s website at www.delphax.com.
SOURCE Delphax Technologies Inc.