Acclaro Employees Celebrate the Causes that Matter Most
The translation agency’s global employees walk, cycle, run, donate and raise funds for their favorite local charities.
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 20, 2012
At Acclaro, a translation agency with offices on four continents, people generally believe that the best way to make a difference in the world is to improve the conditions in their own backyards. Since its founding in 2002, Acclaro employees have worked hard to contribute to the health, economic viability, safety and general well-being of the local communities near Acclaro U.S. and international offices, in Paris, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Bangkok, New York, Boston and San Francisco.
In honor of the agency’s 10th anniversary this month, Acclaro staff “got together”, as best a global team can, and compiled a list of 10 of the top causes they’ve supported over the past decade. Whether cycling for a cure, walking for a cure, donating time, sponsoring or fundraising, Acclaro team members have gone the extra mile to make a positive impact, both locally and globally.
“No matter if it’s a cure for AIDS, meal delivery to the elderly or a calamity relief effort, we feel strongly that every little bit of aid counts toward advancing these causes,” comments Ora Solomon, vice president of sales and operations at Acclaro. “We seek to enhance employee awareness of our communities’ needs by researching and voting on as a company which charities we’d like to support each year. Acclaro employees are also great about donating to their coworkers’ fundraising efforts.”
The following are just 10 of the causes that Acclaro cares about:
1. Red Cross: When Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, Acclaro matched employee donations to the relief effort: redcross.org
2. Bikes Not Bombs: Rainer Plaschka in the Acclaro Massachusetts office raised over $800 for Bikes-Not-Bombs via his 65-mile bicycle trip. bikesnotbombs.org
3. Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights: Susan Howard in the California office volunteers her time and skills as a translator, most recently for a human trafficking case. lccr.com
4. Walk for Breast Cancer: Brigitte Niquette in the France office walked thirty-nine miles over two days to raise money for a cure for breast cancer. avonwalk.org
5. WorldVision: Nami Kaneko in the Tokyo office sponsors a 10-year-old in Tanzania. worldvision.org
6. AIDS LifeCycle: Lydia Clarke in the California office has cycled from San Francisco to Los Angeles – twice! – to raise funds for the fight against AIDS. aidslifecycle.org
7. Relay for Life: Candace Smith in the Massachusetts office recently participated in a 12-hour walking relay to raise funds for local cancer patients in her community. relayforlife.org
8. AIDS Walk Boston: Rui Monteiro-Claro in the Massachusetts office walked 6.2 miles to support AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts. aidswalkboston.org
9. Project Open Hand: Acclaro matched funds from the San Francisco office’s community-building cooking event for this local charity. openhand.org
10. Cycle for Survival: Amy Sommer in the New York office supported a friend’s team in this indoor team cycling event, raising money to fight rare cancers. cycleforsurvival.org
To learn more about these charities, please view the Acclaro 10th anniversary slideshow: Causes We Care About.
Acclaro is an international translation and localization agency that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. With its global headquarters in New York and offices and affiliates in San Francisco, Boston, Buenos Aires, Bangkok, Tokyo and Paris, the agency translates websites, marketing campaigns, documents and software for global enterprises, giving clients an authentic voice in key language
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/9/prweb9915681.htm