First Ever Poll Of iPhone 5 Purchasers Reveals 51.7 Percent Of Apple Fans Would Rather Lose Their Wallet Than Their iPhone
ATLANTA, Sept. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — ProtectYourBubble.com, a leading gadget insurance company, today released the results of a poll fielded in New York City this morning of over 150 Apple fans in line for the new iPhone 5. The first-ever study of iPhone 5 purchasers reveals 51.7 percent of Apple fans value their iPhone over their wallet. Other results indicate:
- Of the Apple fans waiting in NYC lines, 74 percent were male and 26 percent were female and their average age is 25.
- 40.6 percent of Apple customers have previously purchased three or more earlier model iPhones.
- Apple fans waited an average of 2-4 hours in line to get their hands on the new release.
- 33.6 percent of Apple fans would prefer to have lunch with Steve Jobs. Others include 27.3 percent want to break bread with Albert Einstein; 23.1 percent want to spend time with JFK; whereas only 17.5 want to hang out with Lady Gaga.
- If Siri were a real person, most Apple fans in line (27.8 percent) imagine she would look like Angelina Jolie. Tied in a close second with 25 percent of the vote are Betty White and Cameron Diaz.
- The new features Apple fans are most looking forward to using include the bigger screen with 41.7 percent of the vote; a stronger battery came in second at 29.2 percent. The sleek design received 25.7 percent; and a more powerful camera received 22.9 percent.
- 32.2 percent of Apple fans are planning to buy iPhone 5 insurance.
- 43.4 percent of the people polled did not know that replacing their iPhone 5 without a contact can cost as much as $749 versus the subsidized rate of $299 for the iPhone 5 32 GB underscoring the importance or researching and purchasing gadget insurance.
- The second most popular brand for Apple fans is Samsung. Other popular brands include Sony, Starbucks, Gucci and Nike.
“People increasingly regard their iPhones as their most valued possession and as a result, we have seen a 50% increase in smartphone insurance since the announcement of the iPhone 5,” said Stephen Ebbett, President of ProtectYourBubble.com. “With a $749 price tag for the iPhone 5 32 gb and the technology’s boundless capabilities to store and make use of personal data and content, it’s easy to see why. Protecting these expensive devices is vital, especially when you consider that our plans offer loss and theft coverage in addition to accidents, damage and mechanical breakdown.”
ProtectYourBubble.com provides iPhone insurance plans for US customers for $7.99 per month that include 24-hour replacement and protection against loss, theft, accidents, damage and more.
Last week, Apple CEO Tim Cook confirmed the brand’s exponential growth, including a surge to 380 stores in 12 countries and some 83 million Apple store visitors last quarter.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel – all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget – Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel – Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet – Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.