Batzner Bed Bug Services Recognizes September as Second National Bed Bug Awareness Month
Milwaukee’s Batzner Bed Bug Services, a sister company to Batzner Pest Management, is Proud to Bring Awareness to Bed Bugs by Providing Prevention Tips and Advice.
NEW BERLIN, WI (PRWEB) September 21, 2012
There is so much in the news about the places that can harbor bed bugs, but realistically, they can’t all be avoided. With that in mind, Batzner Bed Bug Services, a sister company to Batzner Pest Management, is getting the word out that September marks the second National Bed Bug Awareness Month.
Any public or private place has the potential to have bed bugs brought in on any person or even on their belongings. Unfortunately, property or home owners may have no control over the spread of these little menaces on their premises. The best way to protect property is to be proactive and plan an offensive strategy.
Here are some tips to help avoid a bed bug infestation:
- While visiting any public (or even private) location, be aware of the surroundings. If sitting any place, conduct a quick inspection of the area and surrounding area first. Telltale signs of an infestation are blood stains on fabric, dark spots of bug excrement, an offensive musty odor, bed bug skin casings, and, of course, the bugs themselves.
- When sleeping over night, even in a friend or family member´s home, be sure to carefully inspect area. Inspect the bedding and mattress, especially by the edging, seams, and tags. Also check the headboard, bed frame, and night stands. Pay special attention to cracks, crevices, seams, and folds of material.
- Don´t place a purse, briefcase, or belongs on the floor. This gives the pests higher odds in making your belongings their new home.
- Never bring used, refurbished, or second hand items on to your property.
- For property owners, ask visitors and tenants to notify you immediately if they discover or suspect a bed bug problem. Also, ask them to screen their visitors and ask them not to allow anyone that has a known bed bug infestation to visit. Educating tenants can go a long way in helping to prevent a problem.
Batzner Recognizes September as Second National Bed Bug Awareness Month.
Following these tips is no guarantee against getting a bed bug infestation. If you do discover a problem, it is vitally important to act immediately.
For more information about bed bugs, pests, and pest management, contact Christine Venuti at Batzner Pest Management at 262-797-4160 or visit Batzner´s website.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebBedBugAwarenessMonth/BatznerBedBugServices/prweb9927674.htm