More Speed and Space, Eye-Fi Unveils 16GB Wireless Memory Card
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif, Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Eye-Fi Inc. (www.eye.fi), makers of the world’s first wireless memory card, has announced today a new Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB, Class 10 card that increases both storage and speed capabilities while continuing to deliver convenient, reliable wireless upload of photos and videos from cameras. The new 16GB card provides twice the storage capacity of the prior Pro X2 card, while the Class 10 performance delivers ultra-fast read and write speeds. That means more power and speed for the same retail price of $99.99. And, the new Pro X2, like Eye-Fi’s other X2 series cards, enables you to wirelessly connect a camera to a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, or use an authorized WiFi network to move content directly to a computer.
“Cameras have more megapixels, and pictures and videos are more demanding in terms of size. Moving to a 16GB, Class 10 card keeps up with these trends and delivers what our customers have been asking for,” said Yuval Koren, CEO and co-founder of Eye-Fi. “Customers already know and love our Eye-Fi cards for instant wireless uploads, so the added space and faster speeds are a great addition, especially with the highest-volume photo days coming up.”
Anyone with the new 16GB, Class 10 card can immediately use Eye-Fi’s popular features to:
- Upload anywhere: People can instantly upload images to their home computer, smartphone or tablet, either connecting wirelessly to the device with Direct Mode or over an authorized WiFi network
- Shoot forever with endless memory mode: Cards can be set to automatically free-up space after photos & videos are transferred, so photographers never have to worry about running out of space
- Transfer RAW files: As with the prior Pro X2, the highest resolution photos can transfer wirelessly
- Back-up automatically: Pictures are safely stored on a home computer or Eye-Fi’s cloud, Eye-Fi View – a great relief if the camera is lost or stolen
- Share in real-time: Card can be set to automatically share with selected social networks or photo sharing sites (Facebook, Flickr, etc.)
- Geotag pictures immediately: Eye-Fi’s auto WPS Geotagging feature tags photos, allowing users to instantly see where memories were made
Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB card is available for pre-orders that ship within the United States for $99.99 USD from Amazon.com. The card will also be available, within the coming weeks, for customers in Australia for $108.00 AUD and Japan for ¥9980. With the launch of the new Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB card, the previous Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB and the Eye-Fi Mobile X2 8GB will be reduced from $99.99 to $79.99 and $79.99 to $59.99, respectively, starting this month. For more information, visit www.eye.fi.
Eye-Fi is dedicated to building products and services that help consumers manage, nurture and share their digital memories. Eye-Fi’s patented and patent-pending technology wirelessly and automatically uploads photos and videos from digital cameras and smartphones to online, in-home and retail destinations. Eye-Fi has helped people wirelessly upload more than 500 million photos since being founded in 2005.
Headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., the company’s investors include NTT Docomo, Opus Capital, Shasta Ventures and TransLink Capital. Eye-Fi Inc. card products include proprietary technology developed and patented by Eye-Fi, Inc. See patents at www.eye.fi/patent
Eye-Fi products and services are now available at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Office Depot and Apple stores nationwide and online. For more information about Eye-Fi, please visit www.eye.fi.
SOURCE Eye-Fi Inc.